Secret Mission

Darien's POV

" Great to see you, Darien." Mr. Vice President said to me.

" Nice to see you as well, Sir." I said to him.

The most awkward situation of my life is being with him in the same place alone.

" How is everything going on?" He asked me.

" Very well." I said to him.

" Hmm, that's great." He said. I kept silent. " Heard you have a meeting with chief justice last week." He said.

" Yes, Sir. You have heard it right. I had a meeting with the Chief Justice last week." I said.

" May I ask you why?" He asked me.

" Yes, you may. He wanted to ask me if the case of those terrorist group should dismissed as there is not enough proof yet or not." I said to him.

" What did you say?" He asked me.

" I told him to keep it up. Because the FBI informed us that they will send the final report soon." I said to him.

" Which team is working on this?" He asked me. I thought for a second as Jimmy asked me not to spill it to anyone.

" Sorry, Sir. I don't have any clear idea about this. You can ask Jimmy." I said to him.

" Easier to say that you don't want to tell me." He said snd I chuckled.

" As you think." I said to him.

" You know that it's not hard for me to find it out, right?" He asked me.

" I do have very clear idea about that." I said to him.

" Very well. Then why don't you tell me?! As you know my time is very prescious?" He asked me.

" I would tell you but I can't. I hope you understand." I said to him. He chuckled.

" Very well." He said.

" But it is really shocking me that why are you hiding that from me. What is your problem in it?" He asked me.

" I don't have any problem with that. But I was wondering why does Mr. Vice President need to know things which are not his department. I was very curious about that." I said to him.

" Very well. It's your department. Certainly yours but I am the Vice President. You are not forgetting that, right?" He asked me.

" No. I am not. You have the power to know any information by your own. You are you just asking me about that?" I asked him.

He was about to say something but Mr. President entered the room and he stopped at once.

" Good morning, Sir." I stood up and said to him.

" Good morning, Darien. Have a seat." He said and he sat across us.

" What's the matter, Sir? Why have you called us that urgently?" Mr. Vice President asked him.

" I will tell you, Henry. Calm down." Mr. President said to him.

" Are you ok? You look very tensed." I asked him and he shook his head.

" I don't know from where to start it." He started to talk after a long pause.

" Take your time. We are here." I said to him. I have a bit of idea my aunt called me last night to tell me about that.

" Very well." Vice President said and I just don't like his presence in this situation.

" Well, I am having phone calls from some unknown number these days. Those are not very pleasant for me." Mr. President said.

" Why not?" Mr. Vice President asked.

" Cause they are threatening me and my family." Mr. President said.

" What kind of threatening?" Vice President asked him.

" Death threatening." Mr. President said to him and he started to laugh. I looked at him weirdly. Why is he laughing now?!!

" You are the President, James. No one can harm you that easily." Vice President said and I kept looking at him.

How can he take this so so easily. It's a freaking death threatening. If that person has the ability to reach the President with this kind of threatening then they can do many more things. We can't take it very lightly. We have to take steps about it before they does something to harm them.

" I think we should try to trap their calls to find out the locations." I said and Mr. Vice President wasn't so happy with my answer. Who cares!!!

" Do you think it will work?" Mr. President asked me.

" Yeah, it will work." I said to him.

" But there are people who can make it worst and it will create mess." Mr. Vice President said.

" If Mr. President wants then I myself can do that personally." I said to him.

" Don't take me wrong but do you think you can keep it very secret as well?! I have some very close friends. They can help us in this. They will keep it very secret." He said and I sighed.

" I think.... Ummm... I will give Darien the chance to prove his statement. Besides, he is part of my family. I think family is more secured than friends, Henry." Mr. President said and I nodded.

" I will not disappoint you, Sir." I said to him and he nodded.

" What if he fails to do that?" Vice President asked him.

" Then your friends aren't dying that easily. They will help us." Mr. President said to him. He nodded his head.

" Ok, if you say so. But Darien, don't tell that to anyone. It can be so dangerous." He said to me.

" But you were saying it's nothing like that awhile back." I said to him.

" But if your claims come true then it will be very dangerous." He said.

" Alright. I will not disappoint any of you." I said to him.

" You should keep it a secret." He said.

" Ok, I will not let you down." I nodded sighing deeply.

" I trust that you can do that." Mr. President said.

" I trust myself as well. Though it's been awhile I have confidence that my hacking skill set will help me in that." I said to him.

" I like you for this reason. Always confident and positive." Mr. President said.

" You like me to many more things. Loyalty, patriotism, honesty should be the first in this list." I said to him and he chuckled.

" Yeah, right." He said.

I nodded. That secret mission should be a secret.