Trouble Maker

Darien's POV

" Things are still messed up, Darien." Taylor said who was my fellow senator of California said to me as we came out of the cabinet meeting.

He is also a good friend of mine. We attended school together. He was one of my fellow in University as well. We know each other from long time. His family has also a great influence in our party. His parents are involved with politics from long. His father is a member of Congress and his sister as well. There are a lot of similarities between us. We both think same things for the party and he always supports my opinion. His thoughts are very clear and positive about the party and the country as well. My grandpa always says that a true leader will always think about his people first. Taylor has that quality in him. This why I like him very much. Besides as we are friends we can understand each other very much. That helps us a lot. We can help each other in taking various decisions. If we support each other in the cabinet meeting then it will be hard to get a negative results on our issues.

" I know but we have to wait for awhile. We just can't kick someone out of the party like that. It is hard to do that. Besides it will be hard to prove that and it will create a bad effect on the people. We can't reveal it already. Let's wait for the right time." I said to him.

" You can do that, man. You have a magical hacking skill. You can bring it out I swear." He said but I shook my head.

" I can but I will suggest you to wait. May be things gets sorted and may be the Vice President doesn't like me but he will not go that far. If he wants to defame me then why will he try to attack Mr. President? That literally doesn't have any connections in between. I think it's not him." I said to him.

" You know that he wanted to be the President but party didn't gave him the support as many of the members didn't have trust on him completely." He said.

" I voted for him. You might have chosen the President. But I always used to think that Henry would be a great President as he has a great leadership in him. But unfortunately he doesn't like me that much. It is a personal issues, Taylor it will not come here in between the party's internal matter." I said. " Besides why will he hurt Mr. President? They are very close friends, Taylor." I said to him and he sighed.

" I don't know but he can do that to defame you. Because you are the strongest chess piece in this chessboard, Darien. If someone can do something to remove you from the party then the whole party will be effected." He said to me and I chuckled.

" You are thinking too much and that too from your point of view, Taylor. You can't drag it that much. Who will do that?" I asked him.

" Well, you haven't forgotten the attacks on you recently, right?" He asked me.

" I haven't but I am sure that Henry isn't involved with that, Taylor." I said.

" He was obsessed with that position. He wanted to be the President so badly. What do you think about that?" He asked me.

" Matching those incidents will be counted in foolishness." I said.

" It won't." He said. " You can't take it lightly, Darien. We are can't be that reckless." He said.

" Calm down, Taylor. We still do not have any confirmation from the reliable source." I said to him.

" If I am not wrong something very big is going to be happened soon." He said and I sighed.

" Don't think too much. Nothing will happen. If anything happens the we will handle it. I hope I will always have you beside me if this kind of thing happens." I said to him and he nodded.

" I will be there." He said to me.

" And stop thinking about Vice President being involved in this. He is definitely not." I said to him.

" What if I can prove that?" He said.

" Well, let's not talk about this. Let's keep it secret." I said.

" What if we talk about this with Henry?" He asked me.

" Not at all. Things will get more messed." I said to him. He sighed deeply.

I looked at him sharply. I was right he was thinking the same thing that I was afraid of from long back. I had a doubt that there is a traitor in the party who is trying to get us into trouble which is definitely not a good sign. If people find out that this kind of things are going on inside the party then they will lose trust on us and we will face a huge trouble which we don't want to. But letting Taylor handle everything will be a huge risk because if someone is trying to break the party unity they will attack the most powerful influences of the party and Taylor is unfortunately one of them. I am damn sure that he is their target already. I am not thinking about myself right now because I know that I have to go through things like that. A great leader always thinks of his people first.

" Ok, then you take care. You can't risk everything for the party all the time." He said. I sighed. " You almost got me heart attack when you said your girlfriend wants to break up with you." He said. I sighed deeply.

" Let's not talk about that." I said to him and he chuckled.

" How is she now anyways?" He asked me.

" She is fine. But her craziness is higher than mount Everest." I said and he chuckled.

" Got the match, Dude." He said.

" Yeah. The perfect one." I said to him.

We talked for awhile and then he left. I got into the car and it started to move. I was thinking about Taylor's words. If his words comes true then it is going to be a havoc. I looked at the road but it wasn't going to my office.

" Cole, where are you going? Go back to the office." I said to him.

" You are not going to the office today, Mr. Senator."  I heard the voice and looked at the rear view mirror. What is she doing here!! She winked at me and I sighed deeply. I got the trouble maker.

"