Re-sign

Brielle's POV

Opening the eyes slowly I had to close them quickly because the light directly hit my eyes. I couldn't take that. It was too sharply hitting my eyes to keep my eyelids open. I kept waiting for myself to get adjust with the situation. My head was paining savagely.

" F*ck!!" I mumbled frustratedly. I kept bearing it silently. Cursing is not going to help me anyways. I need to calm down.

I opened my eyes after awhile when I felt a bit comfortable with the lights. But the pain was still there. It was like someone hammering my head inside. I kept bearing that because it's nothing in comparison what is burning my heart inside. I looked around to understand what place it was and I realized I was in a hospital. I sighed deeply. What must have happened last night?!! I got drunk that's what I do remember but anything else after that I am totally unaware of. I promised myself to not to be sad anymore but I literally got broken after that. I need to survive things. I can't just do something like that. Breaking down. My foot. I can't break down ever. I can't.

I was thinking what to do once I get released from here. First of all I have to come out of that hopeless relationship. Then I have to take a long vacation. If the old man doesn't give me a vacation I will just resign and go back to Milan. Everyone is pushing me to breaking point. I am tired of fighting everything. It will hurt me in the end of the story. Why am I here in the first place?!! I wish I would have never born!!! How I wish I wasn't a human!!! Humans are the most disgusting creature in this whole world. Animals are better than them. If you love them they will love you back but humans are so cunning about that.

I have taken my decision. I need a vacation. If I don't get that then I will just resign and go back to Milan. I still have my LLB degree. I am not totally wasted. I will be able to practice there. Though it will not be a whole lot easier but I can try. I can do it for myself. If nothing works then I can literally work with my grandparents in their hotel business. I still have a lot of path opened. Why to waste my life!!!!

" Hey!!! You woke up!!! Thanks God!!!" I heard Darien's tensed voice and I chuckled inwardly as I wasn't even able to blink. It was hurting my head.

Why was he tensed now?!! He was ignoring me for whole the life. Now what happened to him that the whole scenery changed in a blink??! May be he doesn't want to be responsible for what happened to me. I will not make him responsible anyways. I am not that selfish. I hate faking things. I hate fake people and their fake concerns as well.

" No, need to be so worried. I am fine." I said to him.

" You are not the one to decide that." He said and looked at the me for awhile before calling the doctor. I was completely unknown what might have happened to me.

The doctor checked me up and advised me to do something which I threw out of my brain as soon as can out from his mouth. I will be get well soon anyways.

" What happened to me?" I asked the sister.

" You met an accident. You were driving when you were drunk." She said and I sighed deeply.

" Ok, thanks." I said to her and she nodded. She left and I kept my head on the pillow but it still hurt like hell. I hissed in pain.

" Everything ok?" He asked me.

" Can you please let me has some rest? I am tired of the weird weather around." I said to him without opening my eyes but before he could say anything the door was opened and someone entered the cabin.

" What's going on here?" I heard my grandpa and I chuckled that made my heart start to hurt again.

" Hell is going on. You don't wanna join." I said.

" We have to talk, Brielle." He said and I sighed deeply before opening my eyes. I got up and sat straight.

" Yeah, what kind of things?" I asked him.

" You go back to sleep, Brielle. Mr. Wittgenstein, I am sorry but I think you grow up with lack of common sense." Darien said to him. " She is still not recovered completely." He gritted angrily. Now he cares!!! I found it funny. Whatever!! I am not going to stay here anymore. I am tired of finding out the fake and true faces of people.

" Let him complete." I said to him.

" But-" he was saying but I stopped him.

" What happened?" I asked my grandpa.

" What were you doing?! You got Dr and broke the rules. What were you doing?" He asked me.

" Trying to commit suicide." I said.

" Shut the hell up." He said and I chuckled.

" Mr. Wittgenstein, enough. You can continue later." Darien said.

" I want to hear it now." I said to him. "What else?" I asked my grandpa.

" You know you can be punished for that?" He asked me.

" I know that. So, should I go behind prison bar at the end of the day?!" I asked him and he looked at me weirdly.

" You were , you are and you will always be a mess." He said and I sighed deeply.

" Then why are you keeping a mess in your force?! You should kick me out long back." I said to him. He didn't answer. I chuckled. " I know you will not kick me out. You need some people like Linda and me in your go whom you can use in the most dangerous situations. Whom you can use as a pawn to save your force while in danger. I can't count them out how many of situation there were when you choose me to face that alone to save the team. I was mere an inch away from death several times. So, your force needs me, I don't need it. You need me to be your pawn all the time nothing else." I said and bite my lip not to break down. " I am not a robot to things perfectly. Doesn't matter how much you try I will not be a perfect robot. I am still a human. I have emotions, feelings and deadlines like all." I said to him. " I think I reached my deadlines and so I have taken a decision." I said to him looking directly into his eyes.

" Which decision?" He asked me. I took a deep breath before answering him.

" I quit." I said and his eyes opened widened.

" What?!" He said.

" You heard me once. I will send you my resignation letter by tomorrow." I said to him before lying down and covering myself with the duvet. " If there is nothing else then I will ask if can excuse me." I said to him before closing my eyes.