Betrayal

Brielle's POV

" What's going on here?" I asked Darien who was too tensed about the incident earlier.

" You won't understand that, Babe." He said.

" Where are you taking me?" I asked him.

" Wherever I go. If I go to office you will come with me. If I go to the cabinet meeting then you will come with me as well. I can't leave you alone." He said.

" Why are you that scared, Darien?! You are not like this. You are a fearless guy. What suddenly took over you?" I asked him but he didn't say anything about it.

We were currently going to the White House, there was a meeting. I don't know why I was needed to be there. May be he is just scared after that day. Now how will I know that it was going to have a short circuit?!!

" Darien, your wife is a strong woman, you know that, right? You are scared of nothing. It was just an accident. Why are you reacting much?" I asked him.

" Can we please not talk about it anymore?" He asked me and I sighed deeply.

" Ok. If that gives you peace of mind." I said to him and he sighed leaning back.

I was feeling suffocating wearing clothes like a perfect lady of Mr. Senator's wife. Why can't I wear my jeans and crop tops?!! They are more comfortable. Here I am wearing figure hugging clothes. I mean not that tight one but still uncomfortable. May be that tailor was blind. Even my uniform was more comfortable than this. I was just suffocated already.

But I think I have to get used to these kind of dresses as there is no chance Darien will ever leave his party. Besides I love it when people talk about him that he is such a good leader. I feel very proud of bring his wife then. Not everyone are lucky enough to have a husband like this. I think I will count myself on super lucky list.

We reached White House and found some familiar faces. I don't know why I felt a bit awkward. My heart kept saying that something very odd was going to happen. But I don't know what it is. He hold my hand and lead me toward the conference room. He stopped me before we enter there.

" What happened, Darien? Are you ok?" I asked him.

" Do you trust me?" He asked me. I looked at him weirdly.

" What kind of question is that?! Yes, of course I do. Why do you think like I don't?!" I asked him and he smiled a bit.

" That's enough for me." He said and I sighed. I can't understand this guy sometimes.

We entered the room and found everyone was already there. Some of them were eyeing us sharply. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable. Why were they looking at us like that?!

" What's wrong with them?" I whispered in Darien's ear.

" Ignore them." He said and I nodded keeping myself quiet.

The meeting started and I awhile I understood it wasn't a meeting at all it was a trial court. I can't understand why they were accusing my husband like that. I looked at Darien who was sitting there very silently listening to everyone like always he was calm and collected. They finished their false accusations. They were just saying that Darien and his grandpa were plotting something against the party and the country. This why those documents were found there in grandpa's office.

I was one step away from breaking everyone's face. I wish I could bury them alive?!! Like really??! Darien and his grandpa worked selflessly for the people and the party now the party workers are going against them?!! The whole country knows their contribution for the party. Even Darien's father was a pioneer leader before he died. Now everyone is going against them??! Can you believe that?!!

I looked at Mr. President but he kept looking at me helplessly. He can't do anything where everyone is going against us. It's democracy after all. F*cking blind they are.

" Darien, say something?" I said to him.

I wasn't able to see them insulting my husband in front of my eyes for something he has never done. He just smiled a bit at me then stood up. Once he stood up everyone stopped and looked at him. He has that influence in himself that people will have to pay attention to him.

" I heard everything that you have said. It's very sad that you guys are betraying now. I know every single stories behind these faces. My grandpa was one of the pioneer founder of the party. Even our vice president and President themselves were brought to politics by him. He never had any greed about money or something else. We all know with whose money the party is running. Then comes about the position of bring a president which if he wanted then could be the President long back. He never wanted that place. He wanted to work for people. Then there comes about the thing betrayal he would never ever do so. We all know that very well. I am really shocked about that silly reasons of yours that you are giving me against my grandpa. He was a selfless person. He didn't need money he had more than enough. Lastly he loved his people. He can't even think about hurting them." Darien said.

" But he did it. Now what will you say?! He taught us to be a great leader but he himself wasn't. He was a fake and show off person. He -" the Vice President couldn't complete as Darien growled at once.

" Enough!!! Stop with your lies before you get something to make your head work straight." Darien yelled at him and he looked at him in horror. Darien kept looking at him coldly for aehile and then closed his eyes to calm himself down. " I am sorry for shouting. Don't use bad words against my grandpa." He said and I hold his hand. He just gave me a sad smile. He wasn't able to believe and take this betrayal. " I will gladly accept the decision the party has taken." He said.

" The party members has decided to cancel your membership." Vice President said and I got shocked. What?!! I looked at Darien who was looking at them calmly.

" I will resign." Darien said.

" I object." Taylor tried to protest.

" It's ok Taylor." Darien said.

" They are doing the biggest mistake." Taylor said.

" The US government has decided to cancel your citizenship and seize your money and properties if you fail to leave USA before tonight." The Vice President said and I looked at him weirdly. Like really.

" Are you mad!!!" Taylor shouted at him.

" Very well." Darien said calmly. He hold my hand and dragged me out of there.

" Darien!!" I tried to say something but he shook his head.

" History repeats. They will also get betrayal. Don't worry." He said and I sighed deeply. That wasn't what I was expecting. Not at all.