Melting!!

Darien's POV

" I hope everything will be ok then. So, we will be fine by tomorrow." Mr. Hendrickson said. I nodded.

" I should go to my room and take some rest before tomorrow morning." I said to him

" Sure. You should be well and good tomorrow morning and look refreshed as well." He said. " After all you are our key here and you can even find a beautiful Russian partner for time being. Who knows may be you guys can be there with each other for just longer. Russian girls are beautiful you know." He said winking at me and I rolled my eyes.

" No thanks. I need some rest because I need to lead the meeting tomorrow. I am not interested in Russian girls. I like native." I said to him and he chuckled.

" Young man, you should have fun for yourself as well. It's your time. If you don't use your precious time now then you might regret it later." He joked and I chuckled.

" Does Mrs. Hendrickson know these things?" I asked him and he laughed.

" Who will set his own ass into fire?" He asked me and I laughed and he joined me.

Mr. Hendrickson is my grandpa's close friend. He is more like a family and he is a Congressman. He was sent to lead the meeting with Russia government about some internal issues. But he is too lazy to do that and I knew I have to handle those things from the start.

" Right, very right. You shouldn't do that." I said to her.

" Yeah, Mrs. Hendrickson is very dangerous." He said to me.

" I don't think so. She is a very nice person as much as I know her. She is an idol for all the woman. You just can't say that, Mr. Hendrickson. So disappointing." I said to him and he chuckled.

" It's not you who has been tolerating her all life long." He said to me and I chuckled.

" It must be a beautiful journey. No? Almost 40 years I think. Right?" I asked him.

" It will be 50 years on the following year." He said and I smiled.

" My bad. But congratulations to you in advance. I haven't seen much beautiful couple like you. You guys are evergreen." I said to him and he chuckled.

" Thank you, young man." He said to me.

" You are always welcome, Mr. Hendrickson." I said to him.

" David is very proud of you because you have grown up a perfect human being, Darien. I know you since you were born. In past 27 years you just have grown up as a person every parents will want their children as." He said and I sighed.

" Except having parents beside me." I said.

" Well, no one can change the truth. But at least we can try to accept it and move on in our lives." He said and I smiled.

" So, true. I am doing the same thing actually. Trying to figure out actually where this flow wants to take me." I said to him.

" Very well." He said. " So, you should find out someone for yourself now. May be things will be great for you then if you have someone for yourself in your life."

" Hmm... Will take that advice." I said to him and he chuckled. " It's already late. You should go and sleep." I said to him.

" Yeah, right. Old people can't endure much. So, I need to go bed earlier." He said to me and I chuckled.

" You haven't grown up yet actually. It's just 7 in the morning. We have our meeting tomorrow at 9. You have enough time to take your beauty sleep." I said to him.

" Yeah, I just need a lot of it. You too go to sleep." He said.

" Sure." I said to him.

I went to my room and got freshen up. I took my phone to check the time it was still 8 in the morning. Means it is still late night in New York City and she must be sleeping. I can't spoil her beauty sleep. I will call her in the afternoon. Let's have some sleep at first. I was too tired now.

I put my phone on silent mode and slept for awhile. I was very tired after a long flight. Tomorrow is going to a long day. Must be careful about the deal and conditions. I don't know when I fall asleep. I woke up when I heard someone knocking on the door hard. What happened?!! Who is dying?! I rubbed my eyes and ran fingers through my hair while walking toward the door. I opened the door and found Cole the head of the security standing on the doorstep. I looked at him glaring hard for spoiling my beauty sleep.

" Who is dying?" I asked him.

" It's not my fault, Sir. Ma'am is calling me from awhile saying that you are not reachable. She told me to make her talk to you before she burns my face." He said and I looked at him weirdly.

" Brielle?" I asked him.

" Who else, sir?" He asked me.

" Ok, tell her that I am calling her back." I said to him.

" Sir, you tell her yourself. She is still in line." He handed me his phone and I sighed. I took the phone and he gulped hard. I can understand the volcano has erupted and he was one of the victims.

" Hello!!" I said to her.

" Give the phone back to Cole and you yourself call me. I am waiting." She hung up. I sighed deeply.

" You can go. I will call you if I need to." I gave his phone back and he nodded before going back. I closed the door and get the phone. My eyes opened widened. What the heck!!!

I found 100+ calls and texts and all from my sweetheart. I am so dead. So dead. I can understand why she was that angry. I took a deep breath before dialling her number. I need to be prepared for a tornado to hit me. She picked up after 3 rings.

" Good. We can settle down privately now. Well and good." She said and I gulped.

" Hey!!! How are you?" I asked her like a stupid.

" I am dead." She said.

" Don't say that." I said to her.

" You must think like that because you didn't even think it's necessary to call me since you reached Russia." She said.

" It's not like that. I thought you were sleeping and I didn't want to bother you." I said to her.

" Very well. You should have just texted me then." She said to me.

" I was so tired and that didn't cross my mind." I said to her.

" Very well. Have rest." She hung up.

I kept looking at the phone. Is she melting!!! I smiled. Oh, yes, Babe. Got you already.