(18) Presents in the Morning (18)

Your POV

You gasped...

"W-what.. what happened..." you mumbled to yourself. You were already sitting up thanks to the nightmare... was that what it was?

You went to give Steven a hug but he wasn't there. You got up quickly and opened the curtains for the glass door. You checked Stevens alarm clock and saw it was 8:15..

Where was steven? He hadn't even left a note- that's when you saw on the edge of his bed, the dress you wore that day, and in the dream. You got changed and read the sticky note,

Hey (Y/N),
Put this on and come downstairs! I left the flower on the TV, hope you had a good sleep. Will be downstairs x

-Steven

You finished reading with a smile on your face. You fixed up your flower and stepped on the stairs. You started to walk down and you suddenly stopped. You couldn't breathe... then you could again. 'What was up with me?' You thought.

Standing on the middle border on the stairs, you tried to look out into the darkness, you couldn't really see anything.

"SURPRISE!"

All the lights went on and you saw Steven, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl, all waiting for you. They had all shouted and Garnet was holding a big cake saying 'April 27th' in biG writing, and in smaller writing it said 'To a new Family Member'. You looked in shock. They had waited for you to wake up, and set this all up. There were gifts on the table and balloons on the ground.

Steven walked up to you and bowed, putting out his hand to take yours. You ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug yet. You almost toppled him over actually! You both started to laugh and Garnet placed the cake on the counter top. Pearl And Amethyst decided to come and join the hug, Garnet stood back petting Steven Cat.After giving them all hugs you ran up to Garnet, giving her a hug too.

Your eyes had glasses over and you started to cry. Steven ran up to you, he wasn't sure why you were crying, "Hey (Y/N)! Are you alright? Did we over do it?!" He was trying to make you feel better when you started giggling.

You looked at him and smiled the brightest smile he'd ever seen on you. You gave him a hug, "thank you" you whispered in his ear. He stared at you and picked you up, twirling you in the air. After a few giggles and laughs he finally put you down.

You had forgotten about your dream, this was all fantastic, magical. It felt so amazing. You had never once in your life had a celebration. Even with your dad you only had small parties.

"(Y/N)! Come open your presents" Steven pushes you over to the couch where there were a few presents. You looked at them. "Steven! I didn't know we were getting presents! I need to go get some!" You quickly ran past Steven and tried to run out the door when Steven suddenly appeared in front of you, making you jump backwards.

He picked you up and swung you over his shoulder. "StEvEn!?" You squealed.
"Yes buttercup?" You suddenly stopped squealing and squirming and went bright red in the face. Steven and amethyst started to laugh hysterical!
Steven carries you over to the couch and plopped you on there.

"Hmph!" You turned your head away, all red and flustered. Even pearl and Garnet were smirking! "Hey hey buttercup, look at me" Steven grabbed your chin genteelly and turned your head to look at him. You both met each other's eyes. Steven was smirking and you had almost died. You quickly jumped up and almost fell when Garnet caught you.

"W-whats u-up with you t-today!" You squeaked out. Steven awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck "I-" he couldn't finish before Amethyst butted in, "I dared him to do it!!! HAHAHA" She was laughing crazy. Garnet held onto you, knowing out of any one here You would beat Amethyst.

You started to run but Garnet now had you in the air. Steven blushed and gave a small chuckle at your air running. "AMETHYST!!!!" You screamed. Amethyst had fallen over from laughter and was weak. You were ready to beat her up, you wanted revenge so you acted cool and asked Garnet to put you down.

"Thank you Garnet.." you walked over to Amethyst "I forgive you". Of course I didn't, and of course she knew, but still. We both laughed and sat down.

"Here (Y/N)! Take mine first!" Pearl said, handing you a bag and a box. "Woah.. what's.." you looked in the box to see loads of new clothes. All pretty and different accessories so you could make your own outfits. You looked in the bag, too shocked to even answer. "Open the box!" She excitedly exclaimed. You slowly opened a box that was meant to look like she had wrapped it. Inside was a set of bathing things, bath bombs, shampoo and conditioner (watermelon) etc. it was so amazing seeing it that you have Pearl a strong hug. "Something to remind you of how we first bonded" she smile at you.

"Next open mine, it's the messy one." Amethyst pointed to the messy wrapped gift on the floor. You giggled and grabbed it. You opened the wrapping paper when you saw a lasso protected like Amethyst had only yours was a red and yellow. There was also a 'Pranking Kit' you laughed. "Thank you Ame!" "Np dude" amethyst was just happy to see you happy. She never showed it though. Of course.

Next Garnet handed you a small but long box. Like the ones that might carry wands in Harry Potter? "Here (Y/N). You might need these." She gave a small smile, smirk almost. You slowly opened the box and stared at the insides. There was a pair of beautiful Red and yellow gloves that would go up your arms. You look at them in the box. The red arms and the little yellow stars small and big up it. You smiled at Garnet but she had already hugged you before you could hug her. "I know what you need. Just remember we're here." She smiled at you and got up.

"H-here (Y/N)... this is my present" Steven shoved a small box into your hand. "Steven, everyone. You really didn't have to" you looked around at smiling faces. Then you opened the small box...

Tears filled your eyes. Steven slightly smiled to himself and you rapped your arms around him. You pulled out a frame with a moon on and stars in the corner and the photo of you and him and that beautiful night sea lay behind you.