(23) Meeting Connie Part 2 (23)

Your POV

~At la beach~

Steven had set up your and his towels to lay on and Connie set up hers. There was an umbrella too so you wouldn't get sunburnt.

"So... (Y/N).. how did you and Steven meet?" Connie asked you. You thought, how did you meet? "I... I'm not sure... I woke up one day and, he was there" Steven looked at you, concerned. "You don't remember what happened that night?" You shook your head. Connie looked at you and nodded.

"How old are you? I know Stevens 16, I'm 14 1/2" you thought. "Around 15 1/2? I don't really remember my birthday as we stopped celebrating it once we came here..." "you don't remember your birthday? When did you move here?" Connie looked at you as if you were joking.

"Nah.. I moved here in 2012 I think? Yeah" you looked at the sky. "How have I never met you before? You've been living here for 8 years and we only meet you now?" You nodded looking at her. "M-my l-life was-wasn't too g-good." You mumbled. Connie nodded and looked up at the sky.

Around 10 minutes passed, Connie and Steven were catching up about things recently. Connie was talking about school and college while Steven was talking about what you guys had been up too. Whenever he mentioned your name, Connie would try to keep a smile.

Suddenly you heard a music thing and Stevens eyes turned to stars. "ICE CREAM!!!" He squealed. Whenever he acts like a goof you always giggle, that always made him more happy. "Okay imma go grab us all some ice creams! Wanna come?" Steven got up and looked between you and Connie. "Ye-" "No thanks! I'd like to learn some more about (Y/N)! A bit more bonding!" Connie smiled up at Steven and had grabbed your wrist. "Okay! What you want?" "Could I have a Chocolate Sunday?" Connie asked, and Steven nodded, looking at you. "I- um.. (any ice cream) thanks" Steven nodded and ran off to the ice cream van.

Connie let go of your wrist and rolled your eyes. "Who do you think you are? Just coming into his life and trying to make him fall for you?!" She explained. "I- I-" you were mumbling, confused. "Just stay off him. Look at you, your so small and ratty. You keep trying to get his attention with all your giggling and spending almost every second with him!"

Your eyes started to glass over. "W-what.." "and your stutter! It's so dumb! Talk normally! Steven and I saved the whole GALAXY at 14 and 12! At 15 you should be able to talk without a stutter! Especially when you don't have one!" Tears started to drip down your face.

"S-Steven.. said you were nice.." you mumbled. "Steven said you were fun and interesting. Looks like a baby to me. Slut" Connie smirked and looked at the sky. Your eyes filled with tears.

"Hey girls! I got the ice cre-" Steven stopped when he saw the tears in your eyes. He quickly gave Connie hers and ran up to you. "Are you okay (Y/N)?!" He worried, stroking your cheek. You were about to say something when Connie Quickly blurted out "She got sand in her eyes, I tried to look in them but I couldn't see anything." She shrugged.

"Oh okay, here (Y/N), close your eyes." You closed your eyes, after all you didn't want to ruin the day. No matter if Connie was rude or not. Gently Stevens lips touched your eye, then the other one. Your eyes suddenly cleared up and you pretended to smile. He was holding your hand and staring into your eyes, "better?" He smiled. "Mhm" you hummed, looking back into his eyes.

You saw a jealous look on Connie's face, and you giggled. Steven thought you had giggled at him and smiled. "Here's your ice cream (Y/N)" he said, handing you the ice cream of your choice.

~time skip~

Around an hour later Connie invited you to join her and Steven in the sea. You got up and took off your dress. You wore the necklace underneath so your Gem was safe. Steven blushed at seeing you as it was quite veritable, you could see Connie getting quite annoyed at this but she stayed smiling.

Connie was wearing a bikini that was blue and clouds on. Steven wore his watermelon patterned bathing boxers.

As you walked into the sea Connie splashed you. You looked back at her, seeing her smirked, and splashed her back. Steven laughed at you both as you both soon became soaked,
Accept your hair.

You and Connie looked at each other, then at Steven. You thought you were both gonna splash him. Steven suddenly stopped laughing and realised what was about to happen, you gave a small splash at him as Connie gave a MASSIVE splash at you.

You guys were already quite far in the ocean, around chest high, so the big splash blended with a big wave and took you under. You screamed as you felt the sea pull you under.

You felt the water current quickly pull you with the wave, you couldn't be seen as you were under the water. Water filled your ears and nose, you couldn't breathe properly. As the water tugged at your body it quickly threw you up, you gulped all the air you could before being dragged back under. You couldn't swim properly so it was even worse.

When the sea threw you up for the 3rd time you realised you could barely even see the shore. You heard all the splashing of the sea and shouting.

Suddenly...

Your Gem started glowing...