(93) Broken Diamonds (93)

Stevens POV

"CONNIE!"

I screeched as the vines pulled me up and threw me away.

I fell on my back and fell on the ground. I didn't have enough time to even think, I sat back up and looked over the overgrown fountain.

It was like before when me and the Crystal Gems first found it. All grown over with old vines, all thicker than our body's and thorns sharp as knives.

Connie is stuck in there! I can't even use my Gem because it's still cracked, and if I do use it I could risk dying myself and not saving Connie!

I got up and stared at the thorny bush.

"Connie... I.. I'll save you.."

I can't go in there. But I'll come back for her. Tears filled my eyes as I had to run away.

I turned and followed the road back to the beach, I think I can track where lion went to by going to homeworld and asking white to help.

Ugh, the diamonds. I don't hate them but the last time they saw me was like a few months ago... well, ages ago. (Y/n) met them but since I haven't seen them. The remind me of mom...

I still can't believe what pink did, she just abandoned everything. I wonder what it would be like if she stayed. If the rebellion never happened, if pearl and her hadn't seen Earth.

I kinda still wish I could see her, maybe once. I never got to meet her, I don't even know why she did this. She loved earth but what she did was wrong. She ran away from her family, she made up a fake persona and fought with her family.

So many gems would have been broken, shattered. Just because she didn't get her own way-

"AHHHHH" a loud car horn went off that snapped me out of my thoughts. I jumped up, I went about ten feet in the air. I hadn't even realised where I was, already back at the beach.

It was dad, he almost hit me with the van. I floated back down quickly and watched as he swerved it around on the sand.

I ran over and tried to stop it, turns out it wasn't that hard as I was already glowing pink.

"WOAH!" The van stopped and dad got out of the van, all wobbly. "Hey screw-ball! You gotta be more careful" I ran over to him as he leaned on the side of the van. "Sorry dad, I-" He looked up and sighed.

"Steven? Were you thinking about your mom again?" I hesitated but it seemed clear. I was already glowing pink. My therapist had told him about how I glow pink whilst thinking about her. Jasper helped me realized when my eyes go into diamonds I'm most likely in my diamond form.

"Screw-ball, your mother weren't all bad" I couldn't talk about this now. I need to go see the diamonds quickly. I need to find (y/n), I need to save Connie and who knows where the Gems are.

"Hey hey, Steven calm down" I sighed. I was just glowing a stronger pink the more I thought about everything.

"Dad I gotta go, I've gotta talk to the diamonds and stuff." I pushed past him and started to run up the stairs to the house.

I could hear him mumble something but I just kept running to the glass dome out back to teleport to home world.

I stepped onto the pad and realized I was glowing a strong pink. I just shook it off because I knew the diamonds would know somethings up. I just wanna be in and out.

The warp pad teleported me inside the ballroom, there seemed to be no one around? I stepped off. This really wasn't like homeworld for no one to be in the ballroom? It was quite dark too.

"U-Uh- W-White? Yellow? Blue?" I called out. It really was dark, maybe I should just glow pink, just to see better. "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, fuck you mom-" I could see a little now as I was glowing a light pink, meaning it wasn't to bright.

"White? Yellow? Blue?" I started to walk down the halls, looking for their rooms. Maybe they were there?

I wanted to check blues first. In era one that's where blue says they'd all hang out. I smiled remembering how blue told me how mom would sing at the bottom of the pool and the others would try to guess what she was singing.

"Blue?" I shouted out. Where are they? I looked around Blues room, there were just them creepy drug clouds.

Next I went to yellows room, she wasn't that far from blue. The halls seemed quite and creepy. It was quite dark everywhere. All the windows seemed to be covered or just not letting in light.

I only want to track teleporting. Maybe I should just go to whites room, I know that's where I can find all the teleportation info.

No one was on yellows room either, or whites. When the doors opened to go in they kept making squeaking noises. I wasn't sneaking around but it felt strange to hear something other than me yelling their names. It was just so quite.

"White? Yellow, blue?" Where are they?!