(91) I Dont Know (91)

Stevens POV

I-

My heavy breathing was all I could hear, that and my rapid heartbeat.

I was holding my arm above my face to try to protect me from whatever just happened, like it would help. My other hand was on my cracked gem, the crack had gotten larger when (y/n) dropped me to the floor and was banging it.

It seemed like she had been in a trance as now we had locked eyes. Fear was the only emotion in both our eyes.

(Y/n)'s eyes had faded back to their (e/c) color rather than that black void from before. She was horrified but I needed to make sure me and Connie were okay. I was still in the shock.

She looked at Connie who had prepared her sword. "(Y/n)..." (Y/n) stuttered abut buy them took one more glance at me before running to lion.

I was still in shock, my arms and face had scratches, bruises and blood on. I couldn't even mutter a word. I just watched as she ran and jumped onto lion as he ran through a portal.

Connie ran after them but tripped on some flooring that fad fallen and was shouting after them.

(Y/n) looked back from the portal, we locked eyes again. I felt a sort of numbing sensation inside me, all the shock and pain I was in all just started to blur as our eyes locked.

She turned back and the portal disappeared.

Connie struggles to get up and started to awfully run towards the Balcony, as if she could still catch them.

"(Y/N)!"

I wanted to tell her she had teleported but I didn't really have the energy to speak. My body ached and my heart pounded.

(Y/n) had almost killed me.

Blinking a few times, I tried to shake myself out of it. I took my not seemly broken arm and grabbed some of the things in the pile I was in. All broken of course but they helped a bit.

I almost fell with a 'ugh' but I caught on and Connie turned around to look at me, she ran over to help me up properly.

"Steven be careful"

I still couldn't speak, it seemed like I just, didn't want to. My head didn't want me to speak so I didn't. I wasn't breathing so heavily now but I was still aching inside.

"Steven, your gem" Connie helped me balance and looked down to my gem. It had a large crack down the center, parts of it cracking around too. It's small glow told me it was broken. I'm not sure what we're to happen if I even tried to use my powers.

"Steven your gems all broken... what.. what are we gonna do?" Connie asked me, her eyes told me she was lost. But mine said nothing other than that and fear.

"I-"

I don't have the answer.

I don't have the idea.

I'm not okay right now.

I don't have the answers to this, we're dealing with the daughter of gods. She doesn't know how to control herself. This is different than when we went to fight the diamonds.

Sure they wanted to shatter me and everything but now is different.

I saved a girl who wanted to kill herself, she had an abusive father, she didn't know her mother. She was a hybrid like me. But she's not a hybrid, both her parents are God's, one of Stones and one of Darkness. One of her parents want to kill her and me and all the gems and Connie.

To add on (y/n) is one of the kindest people alive. She's beautiful and amazing, so strong and supportive. She's learning and I think I love her.

"I-"

I sighed.

"I don't know"