(57) Pizza and Arcades (57)

Your POV

Everyone was laughing and eating their pizza, except Pearl of course.

It felt a strange good, these people seemed to care about you and love you for, well you. You stayed in such a dark place for so long, such a hard life for years. And yet, everything here was right outside, everything you do you could have none.

"You alright (Y/N)?" Steven grabbed your hand, it seemed you had zoned out. You jumped a bit, making the table move. Everyone looked over to you, concerned. "S-Sorry" you laughed carefully. Everyone smiled at you as you looked around the table, suddenly it flashed to that.. dark.. cold.. lonely.. cobwebbed basement you were in for so long.

You jumped up from the table, knocking the chair behind you and standing up looking at the floor. Your hand was on your head and you looked down at the table, everyone was staring at you, wondering if you were okay. "Hey (Y/N)? Are you okay?" Steven asked,
"Pathetic"

"Y-Yeah, Uh- I'm fine" you smiled as you picked up the chair and sat back down. Your smile seemed fake but no one wanted to disturb you, as you smiled at everyone, you felt a hand on yours, Steven had laid his hands on yours. You both smiled at each other, both understanding that you'd have to talk later.

"Okay okay, I have a joke" Steven said, "okay so a ham sandwich walks into a bar and orders a drink-" Steven was interrupted by Peridot who had now jumped on the table, "and the bar tender said, 'Sorry but we don't surge food here'" Everyone laughed, including Steven. It seemed they were so happy to you.

~Time SKIP~

It had been around half an hour, it was around 5 now, so there wasn't much to do.

"How about we go to that Arcade place?" Lapis suggested as you left Fish Stew Pizza. "Oooo not a bad idea Lapis!" Steven said, he paid for the pizza and walked out with you all.

"Since when does Water Wonder like arcades" Peridot laughed and nudged Lapis. Lapis laughed a bit while hiding her arm, "I'm not sure, there fun to take anger out, plus there's humans and it's a human activity?" Bismuth was walking with Pearl, a light blush on her face. When she heard the main topic of conversation she turned to you and asked, "Hey (y/n)? You like Arcades?"

You looked at her as a nervous smile came to your face, "actually, I didn't do much as a kid, and I've never been to an arcade" Peridot gasped, "YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO AN ARCADE?!" By that, you could guess they didn't know about the past 7-8 years of your life, you weren't sure if you were happy about it or not.

You shook your head, that's when Peridot grabbed your wrist and ran with you to a big shop like place that said ARCADE. You winced at the grabbing around the unseen scars, but she soon let go.

Steven ran after you, understanding that Peridot might have hurt you. When he got to you, you were staring up at the sign, Stars in your eyes. All the bright colors and glows looked, well, magical. "(Y/N)? Are.. you okay?" He looked down at at you a bit and whispered. He laughed at your expression. "I think she likes it" he told Peridot, "I think she's gonna love it!" Peridot replied.

Everyone else caught up and you all went in. Everything seemed bright with luminous lights and many MANY video games.

"Oh yeah! I love this one!" Amethyst ran over to some ball one, it had some holes and you thought that you have to throw the ballast in as they had some number points on the side.

"We're gonna get kicked out again" You heard Steven sigh. You turned around to face him and held his hand, he jumped a bit but looked at you, all the other gems had ran off to go play video games. "Let's make it worth while then" you had a somewhat evil look in your eyes, something like a devil. Steven laughed, "it's an arcade, what we gonna do?"

You looked around, "hmm" There wasn't much you could do.. but you could.. "imma beat you in that!" You pointed at some dance machines, Garnet was over there too. Steven looked over and his eyes went big and he ran over to Garnet.

"You are NOT going on this again" Steven stood like a star in front of the game, he was staring at Garnet. You followed but stayed back. A small smile appeared on Garnets face as she knelt down on one knee, "Okay Sir Steven" she laughed and tussled his hair, he had one of the most adorable faves you could imagine, like a baby trying to stay tuff.

Garnet walked over to you and whispered "hey, kick his butt for me" She winked and went over to Amethyst, pulling her off that ball game.

You walked over to where Steven was, "okay so this yeah?" You nodded, he got some coins out of his pocket and placed them in. You still felt bad that he always had to pay, you should really get a job. But then again, you hadn't been to school since you were like 8 and you couldn't really keep your powers under control.

You and Steven started to play, you were Player One and He was Player Two. As you were dancing you could see Steven barely trying, clearly trying to let you win. "GAME OVER! Player One Wins!" You looked at Steven and he looked at you with a pathetic smile.

"You won! Well done (Y/N)!" You gave him a blank stare. "Steven" "Yeah?" "You let me win!" You nudged his arm, he laughed, "No way! You're just too good!" "Nooooo I've never played before! You let me win" Steven picked you up and put you over his shoulder.

"S-STEVEN?!" "Mhm?" He started to walk but you couldn't tell where as you could only see behind him. "Steven put me down!" You tried to wiggle but he didn't let go. "Nah" You gave up. You were too tired to argue and that game was fun.

"You still let me win" you mumbled. "Yep, I did" He clearly had an unseen smirk on his face, and he said it so evilly! "YOU!" You started to hit his back, you weren't too strong and you didn't want to hurt him. He just laughed at your efforts.

Soon he put you down and you crossed your arms and looked away from him. "Aw don't give me a pouty face, it's adorable" You blushed, "Shush!" He laughed at you. "Let's go play some more games" "S-Sure..."