(28) The Story (28)

Your POV

Everything span, you couldn't concentrate on anything, shutting your eyes you felt hot water coming out of your sockets. You hurt so badly.

Why did it hurt so badly?!

You opened your eyes to see Steven looking over you. What had happened?
"Steven don't overwhelm her, she's had enough trouble." You heard someone say.

Stevens eyes were all puffy and he looked worried sick. You were in his bed and he was leaning over you, checking if you were alive or okay.

You held your head and slowly lifted yourself up. "W-what..." you looked around, you saw Steven at your side, Pearl on the stairs with some folded clothes, Amethyst on the floor, and Garnet at the end of your bed, trying to keep Steven from jumping on you.

"(Y/N), are you feeling alright?" She spoke. You thought. "I- I'm... I'm not.. s-sure.. w-what ha-happ-pened?" You felt dizzy and sick, forgetting what had happened.

"You ran away after seeing Steven and Connie kiss, you didn't seem to stop and ran through the town. You came to the forest and met a Gem, Jasper to be correct. Then you were found on the cliff" Garnet didn't hesitate at anything, just speaking. You were shocked. You remembered everything.

The kiss.
The running.
That Gem.
The feeling of a cliff.
The darkness.

That thing.

"I-I.." you looked down to your arm, a glove had been taken off, revealing all your secret scars. You swiftly brought it to your chest, trying to hide it. It was useless. Of course they had already seen it and even holding it to your chest wouldn't help as the cuts were everywhere, front, back, sides.

"I told you not to hide anything from us, Steven was searching for you everywhere-" Steven interrupted Garnet, "Are you okay (Y/N)?! I searched everywhere for you! I couldn't find you anywhere! Jasper came to our door and told us she had seen you but you ran. We were all frantically searching before Amethyst heard a scream and saw you knocked out at the cliff side." Steven gave you a hug.

"That was 13 days ago.."

You stared at him in disbelief. You had been out for 13 days? No.. that couldn't be right. "I tried to bandage your cuts but every time you would mumble 'no' in your sleep. You even tried to cut multiple times" Pearl looked over at you with tears in her eyes. "I- that.. I"

"We just want you to be alright dude. We're your family now" Amethyst came to rub your back as you felt tears spill from your cheeks.

After a few minutes Garnet spoke up, "now you have to explain to everyone what happened." Garnet stood up and walked over to the glass door to get Cat Steven. Everyone came over to your bed and sat on the edges, Garnet leaned against the wall stroking Cat Steven and you sighed.

"I- I didn't." You started. How were you going to explain that you were beaten for 8 years. How your dad was hit by a car and someone dragged you into the house? How your dad was once so kind and loving but suddenly became a murderous revengeful man? How you have been cutting your wrists for years after your father taught you how and told you horrible things and each time made you cut.

"It's okay (Y/N), your safe here" you looked around at everyone. They all seemed so worried and careful with you. You ran from them, hid secrets from them. You could have died!

You started to explain.

"I-" you sighed. You couldn't hold it in. Slowly stated talking. "Me and my dad moved here in July 2012, we moved from 'SeaSide View' to here. We used to be so happy. My mom.. she.. sorta died at birth... my father still loved me, knowing a piece of her, was in me. Literally. We had so many good memories together. When we moved here we were going to start a new life. We were unpacking and I had placed one of the last boxes in the house when I turned around to see him. He was standing in the middle of the street, laughing and looking around. When a car came out of nowhere and hit him. I still remember it. The sky has turned dark with clouds and everything was slow motion. That tends to happen when I see something terrible. I stood, paralyzed to my feet, watching a man I loved. Be practically killed." You sighed. Tears spilling down your cheeks.