(21) Waking up on the beach and having a Chill Day (21

Stevens POV

I woke up to the bright sun shining on myself. It was quite high, but not midday. Maybe around 9? I felt someone on my chest and saw (Y/N) laying there. Oh she's looked beautiful.

My face suddenly dusted with blush as I realised what had happened last night. We both had danced in the moon light before falling asleep on the blanket on the beach.

(Y/N) was peacefully sleeping, I laid in still, watching the bright sky.

Suddenly (Y/N) started talking in her sleep.. "n-no... d-don't.." she started to dig into my stomach, it wasn't too painful but I was concentrating on her to worry. Her eyes were watering and shut tight.

"N-no.. s-stop it!" (Y/N) was panicking and suddenly screamed. She sat up quickly and started to cry. I darted up and brought her into my chest. I leaned into her neck "it's okay... I've got you... your safe here" I said as I tried to calm her down.

After a few minutes (Y/N) started to calm down. "Hey, it's okay" I took her chin and wiped her tears. "I-I'm s-sorry..." she mumbled. I was confused, why was she sorry? "Hey hey, you don't need to apologise.. you didn't do anything wrong" I have her a hug.

"Let's go back to the house" I said standing up. I held out my hand for her to take and she hesitantly took it. I grabbed the blanket and we started to walk back.

Your POV

'T-that was a nightmare..' you thought to yourself. This time you were the girl, it was so terrifying, your dad was there, beating you.

When you woke up, you were on the beach and had screamed. Steven grabbed you and tried comforting you. You and Steven had started to walk back to his house, when you got there the Gems greeted you both.

"Steven, (Y/N)" Garnet greeted us and nodded. "Hey were back" Steven shouted throughout the house. Pearl ran out from the bathroom and have Steven a massive hug, then you. "Are you two okay?! You haven't got sunburnt have you?" She was just googling all over you both, worry worry worry.

"Pearl," Steven chuckled "were fine, plus if we got hurt I could just heal us both." Pearl sighed. Amethyst can out of her room eating a bagel, "hey dudeees~" she winked at Steven and looked at you with a smirk. You blushed and Steven facepalmed, "Amethyst..." he sighed. Amethyst burst out laughing.

"Let's have a chill day today" Steven looked at everyone, then you. "You two should be careful" Garnet looked over to you both. Steven nodded before dragging you upstairs.

"Okay let's both just have a chill day, we can watch movies and eat popcorn! Oh maybe order some Pizza!" You giggled as Steven was fan-girling over what to do. "I-I'm g-going to ha-have a s-shower" you smiled at him before leaving.

You went downstairs and saw Pearl, "hello (Y/N)! Here, as your not going out, just wear these" she handed you a PJ shirt that said 'Mr. Universe'  and some dark blue-black PJ bottoms. "The shirt is from Greg." Pearl smiled. You thanked her and quickly ran into the bathroom.

You looked around, you felt cold and upset. You looked in the mirror and everything started to flash black. You saw the girl replacing you in the mirror and a black background. You quickly leaned on the sink and looked at the drain. "N-no.." you whispered, less than a breath.

You looked around. You needed to cut. But you didn't have anything... you looked through the mirror cupboards.. you saw a blade at the back. 'Steven must have used it to shave every once a century' you thought.

You hadn't cut in a while, well.. since you had moved in really. You hesitated to pick it up... you slowly removed your gloves, revealing all the scars. You slowly brought the blade to your arm, slowly dragging it across the skin... you hissed in pain but you carried on. Blood tips started to form. You rinsed your arm after a few more cuts.

You got in the shower and used the soaps that Pearl got you, making you smell a lovely watermelon scent. After around 10 minutes you got out and dried off. Placing your gloves and PJ's. Your cuts hurt for sure but you've felt so much pain in your life that you could have pushed it away.

Steven had already changed when you went up to meet him, "hey (Y/N), what took so long?" He asked as you sat on the bed. "I- u-uh... n-nothing" you mumbled. Steven shook it off, and put on a movie.

The rest of the day was great. You watched movies and ordered Pizza, it was delicious. Steven and you both went to bed early as you were going to meet Connie tomorrow. She seemed lovely, one year younger than you and she was already preparing for collage. You hoped you were going to get along, Steven told you so many stories of when they saved the universe and earth, when they trained together and were stuck at the bottom of the ocean.

You went to sleep, excited to meet Stevens oldest and bestest friend...

———————————————————
Haha! You thought you were gonna meet Connie! Nope! Anyway, next chapter might be a bit angsts x