(80) Jam Buds (80)

Stevens POV

We were all searching. I was on lion with Connie, everyone in the town was searching wherever they could think of. I'm not sure where the gems are though? They should have come back by now..

"(Y/N)?!" "(Y/N)!?" Connie was yelling and holding onto lion with her sword. I was holding his main and yelling out.

Where was she?!

We had searched the whole beach and the rain was starting to fall now, lightning followed.

"PLEASE?! (Y/N)!?" Me and Connie we're getting soaked, it was heavy and fast. We were on the beach, we've searched everywhere! The sea was being searched by some of the lapis Lazuli's but there was no luck.

We were going to go check the beach house as everyone had to go home. It was raining down so I couldn't blame them.

We came to the house and saw how everything was... well...

We walked up the steps. The wall was broken and inside had been destroyed. Photos were on the floor, things on the shelves had fallen or smashed, the counter had things from the cupboard been poured on.

"Have we been robbed?!" I yelled. Connie looked around, she tried to look for dust or something and got to the fire place. She looked back to me and said "I'm not sure, there's no dust and if you were robbed, they would have taken things. Anything..."

I nodded, she was right. But what do we have that anyone would want? The bubbles gems were all free, the universe had been put to rest. What could we have? I've fixed everything...

Lion had been with us too. He seemed tense so I turned to him and stroked his mane. "It's okay boy"

That's when he roared. He doesn't normally do that unless he was going through a portal or we were in danger. I was standing around where the door and window were. I was thrown to the grounds as I felt as if something had gone through me.

"Steven!" Connie ran over to me and knelt down, checking if I were okay. "I-it's cool... I'm fine" I stood up but did feel a bit dizzy.

Connie grabbed my arm and helped me up. I hissed and felt lion licking the back of my head. "Steven!? You're bleeding!"

"What?!" I turned around, well I can't see the back of my head can I?! Ugh! Connie pressed around the bottom of my head. I felt a hot/cool liquid go down my neck. I'm not sure how to explain it. It was hot and clearly blood but it made me feel a bit cold as I wasn't expecting any liquid.

"It doesn't look like enough to cause full damage to your gas but how did that happen? You don't normally bleed, you normally fix yourself" Connie seemed confused but lion kept licking the spot, healing it.

"Well look at that haha, Lion can heal people!" I laughed, trying to change the subject. Connie knew what I was doing. "Steven." "Hehe, y-yeah Connie?"

She put her hand to my shirt and tried to lift it up. I pulled away. "CONNIE!" "Steven! It's not like I haven't seen it before! What's happened?!" "Nothing! Nothings happened! I'm fine!" "Steven don't do this again! You said you'd tell me if you were down!"

We were arguing when lion roared, stopping both of us. "Lion!" I yelled as he ran to the front balcony and ran into a portal.

"Where's he going?!" I yelled. "Steven! You have to tell me what's going on!" I turned to look at Connie, "I'm fine! Lions just run off!" Connie ran up to me and grabbed my arm. "Steven! Please!" I pulled my arm away.

She doesn't need to worry!

I'm fine

Yeah...

I'm... I'm fine...

Haha..

Right?

"Steven-" I turned. "Connie. Stop." I could feel my diamond half coming out. I looked at my hand. "Connie. Please just stop" I was already glowing pink and I knew I could hurt her. It's the last thing I want to do right now. She's the only person I have right now. Dads on busy with the Sadie Killer group, the gems are on a mission, lions left,
(y/n)'S disappeared...

I found myself dragging my hand through my hair sighing. "I'm fine" I whispered under my breath.

"I need to keep looking, I could go to little homework and ask the others if they've had any luck? There's no way she could get to Homework's right?" I sighed and sat on the couch. So much stress. Tonight was supposed to be fun! We were meant to party and meet up with old friends like Sadie and the others! We were meant to see my dad!

This is not our happily ever after!

Should I have saved her?
Of course I should have!

I grunted and swung backwards, leaning in the back of the couch. Great, now I'm questioning saving someone, let alone (y/n)!

She's a god, she would have survived
No she couldn't.. she's not really a god though...

Ugh..

"Steven... I'm sorry.. I didn't want to-" Connie walked over as I sat forward. "Connie it's fine. I'm just stressed. Don't worry" she sighed. "I'm always gonna worry Steven" she sat next to me and held my arm, hugging into me. I hugged her back. She smelt of strawberries and jam.

"Jam buds" I laughed, "Jam buds"