(92) CONNIE (92)

Stevens POV

"I just don't know this time Connie.."

Tears filled my eyes as I tried to sit down on the closest chair. I always need to know. I need to help them. I need to help Connie. I need to know. But I don't. I just don't know this time.

I don't know if we're gonna die or what we should do next. I don't know how to carry on from here. I don't know how we're gonna do this. I just don't know!

"Steven your tears!" I snapped out of my thoughts and realized I was crying that black liquid again. It burnt my eyes and left stains on my cheeks. I wiped it away and tried to stop crying as not to hurt myself even more. I also couldn't show weakness to Connie.

I felt her hand touch my shoulder as her calming voice spoke to me. "Steven, it's okay. I'll take the lead this time. We're going to be okay. You told us you would tell us what's wrong from now on."

Even though I go to therapy, (Y/n) doesn't know. And it only helps sometimes really.

"I- Connie I- I'm fine" I struggled to get up but I did it, pushing myself up. I was beaten to the core, my gem was cracked so I think my healing powers don't work anymore.

"Steven-" I was hurt enough. I shrugged her off. "Connie I'm fine."
She shut up but looked at my gem.

"O-okay.. I think we need to go to Roses fountain of tears for your body and gem to heal. We'll work from there"

I nodded. I know I might have frightened her but I just couldn't handle it right now.

We both walked over to the Warp pad. It only had a few cracks in it but it should be okay. Only around the edges anyway.

We warped to Rose's tear fountain, all we had to do was hop in there and everything would be fixed.

We walked over to it but before I could look in Connie had gasped. "Steven-" I looked over at it-

It was black. That black liquid that became my tears was in the healing water here. It had big bubbles and made gargling sounds, it wasn't nice to say the least.

My eyes widened as I watched some of the bubbles burst. I just looked at it. Not knowing what to say.

It wasn't okay. This wasn't okay. The only thing in our plan doesn't work! We don't have a plan b, only plan a. And that was the water that's now destroyed into the black liquid.

"Well... we.." Connie tried to say something. But what are you meant to say here? We could do anything. We just stood in silence.

(Y/n) was probably out there somewhere, getting hurt or something. She could be hiding or running or anywhere on the planet!

That's when some vines started to slither over. I hadn't even noticed, nor did Connie.

The vines had suddenly grasped me and Connie, I yelled in pain and Connie just screamed in fear.

The vines started to cover our faces, like holes where stuff could get though, like air or water or anything.

Our muffled screams weren't very loud as they were, muffled. But suddenly I was being turned upside down, all the blood reaching my head!?

NO! Was the vines going to kill me?! This is really how I die. And I can't do anything. AGAIN?!

I felt as we got closer to the ground. That's when I realized we were being put in the fountain.

I yelled even louder and tried to struggle, but I had a broken arm and most likely fractures and many brushes. Bloody scars seemed to fill my arms.

I struggled and screamed. Nothing worked. I tried to use my gem but it just cracked even more. Causing a horrific pain to surround my body.

Blood seemed to be dripping from the Gem now, but I wasn't sure.

Well. This is it...

The vines dipped our body's into the liquid. A horrific burning sensation filled my body. I felt all my bones being snapped and my body crunched in on itself.

That's when darkness fell.

Everything was dark, or mainly I had gone unconscious.

Was I dead? No. No I wasn't dead. I felt amazing actually. All my body seemed fixed. Well. Except my gem.

I looked over, realizing what had just happened. Where was Connie? WHERE WAS CONNIE?! I shouted in fear.

"CONNIE?!" I jumped up, my gem still had cracks in it but blood wasn't leaking from it now.

I looked around, where- where was she?! "Connie?!" "CONNIE!?"

I ran around the fountain to see her body. She was unconscious but seemed to be alright. I ran down to get body as she started to cough and come back to reality.

"Connie!?" When she opened her eyes I jumped in for a hug and pulled her up. "Steven?- STEVEN!" She seemed a bit surprised, actually a lot surprised.

"Steven what happened?"
We both sat up and I explained what I believe happened. "Well the vines grabbed up and put us in that" I pointed to the black water. I must admit that it hurt. A LOT.

"And I think it healed us" "what about your gem!" I looked down and pulled up my shirt to show the cracked gem below. "Nah..."

"Oh.." Connie sighed sadly.
"It's okay though, I'm okay now." Connie hummed. I- I don't think she believes me...

"Okay now we need to find (Y/n)" I jumped up and held out my hand for Connie. Only, she didn't take it.

"Steven.. I.. I can't come... I need to stay here. But I'll find you.." I was confused. What was Connie talking about? Why did she have to stay?

"Connie what-" "Steven! Just go!"

That's when I noticed what was happening. Her eyes were slowly turning black. It was a slow process but still.

"Connie?!" I got on my knees and grabbed her as I looked closely in her eyes. "Connie your eyes!" "Steven! Go!" "Connie you need to come too!"

Connie's eyes were glassed over with tears as she smiled stroking my face. I held her hand on my face so she would let go.

"C-Connie you have to come with me..." I felt the tears in my eyes, she gave a sad pathetic smile before I felt something grip my foot.

I yelled as it started to drag me. I let go of Connie's hand in surprise and was dragged away. I yelled after her and tried to rip off the vines rapped around my body but nothing worked. The last thing I saw was the black tears swelling in her eyes as the area was quickly grown over with black sharp roots.

"CONNIE!"