(68) Back (68)

Your POV

You felt like the world stopped for a moment. You and Steven staring into each other's eyes, processing each other's existence.

Suddenly he ran to you, an unusual amount of speed. He picked you into the air, laughing, and gave you a tight hug. "(Y/n! (Y/n)! You're okay!" He had his head in your neck, holding you tight, seemingly never wanting to let go.

Your neck became wet with water, "S-Steven?" He seemed to be crying.. "Steven! I'm sorry!" Pulling his head out of your neck, he laughed. "I'm okay I'm okay" you let out a sigh of relief, hugging him back. "I missed you.." you let go of Steven and have a small smirk, smile sorta thing. "You lived 5 months away from me" "And they were the worst 5 months of my life" he tucked your hair behind your ear as you leaned into his touch.

You loved the days where you could both just hang out, normally..

"Garnet! I'm so glad you're backkkk!" Pearl had jumped into her arm, it was clear she missed her. It made you all laugh.

Steven let go to hug Garnet too, the leader of The Crystal Gems. You hugged her too, only you knew something the other two didn't,

Garnet wasn't okay.

———

You were all sitting on the couch. "W-Where's Amethyst?" You asked, she hadn't been anywhere, beach house, nor temple.

"She's.. she-" That's when the door slammed open and Amethyst walked in. She stumbled through the door, her hair seemed a bit of a mess, and she had a bottle in her hand...

"Speak of the devil" Pearl sighed. Amethyst looked up, and dropped the bottle. "(Y/N)!? GARNET!?" She ran over to the both of you and gave you a hug.

"Amethyst!?" Steven has gotten up and walked over to the empty bottle near the door. His eyes showed anger and pain. "Don't worry Dude, I'm a gem, we don't get d-drunk" she hiccuped.

"Amethysts right, we don't get drunk but too much can make you tipsy" Garnet stood up and walked over to Steven, taking the bottle and throwing it in the recycling. "Amethyst, go to your room" Amethyst couldn't walk properly and seemed a bit tipsy so you decided to go help her.

You walked over to the gem door, Amethyst on your shoulder. She seemed weak, but strong enough to open her room.

"I- I can take it from here~" Amethyst let go of you and stumbled into her room. "Well t-that just happened" The door closed behind her.

"I can't believe she went drinking..." Steven was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. You walked up to him as Pearl and Garnet went to the kitchen.

"Steven, it's not your fault" you rubbed his back as tears were in his eyes. "Amethyst never drinks.. what makes her do it now? And why?"

You felt so bad...
If you didn't come into their lives this wouldn't have happened.. if you hadn't been asleep for so long this might have not happened..
If-

You hadn't realised but your blindfold had turned black and the flowers in your hair started to die and wilt into greys and blacks...

"(Y/N), are you okay?" Steven lifted his head and looked at your wilting flowers. Roses turning black, dandelions grey, orchids tied it all together, any flower you could imagine! All dying on your head as the dark thoughts hovered.

"H-huh?" You hadn't realised but you had a thought to why they were dying. This wasn't about you now though, it's about Steven.

"Steven, I-I'm f-fine. We n-need you to be o-okay" you held onto his arm, placing your hand on it, showing him you were here and okay.

He smiled, "it's late we should get to bed" you nodded. "Steven, (Y/N), Pearl Amethyst and I will be out on a mission, stay safe. We may not see you tomorrow morning" Garnet waved goodnight to you as we went up the stairs.

Steven room seemed a bit messy but you didn't mind, it's better than being unconscious.

You looked down at your outfit, why was it still on you? You imagined a pair of Cookie Cat PJ's and they appeared, a nice light pink background and a cookie cat on the front, above it said COOKIE CAT in big bold letters. The bottoms had a purple background and loads of Cookie Cats in a pattern.

Your blindfold still didn't go away though... what? "Hey (Y/N)? Why you got that blindfold on?" You turned to see Steven in his normal pjs, a yellow shirt and striped blue pants.

"I'm n-not sure, I c-can't seem to m- make I-it go off without t-taking i-it off in p-person..." you summoned a mirror, you learnt you could do that somehow. "I'm not s-sure if I-I should take it o-off?" You we're looking at yourself in the mirror, you could see the black bandana around your eyes, hiding their beauty.

Steven walked up behind you, and placed his hand on your shoulder. Wow he was taller than you, but you're getting there, around Amethysts height.

"It's up to you, it depends on what will happen.." you nodded, looking back to the mirror.

Slowly, you lifted the blindfold. Something seemed strange, you closed your eyes and slowly brought it up above your eyes. You blinked and looked into the mirror...

You stared at your eyes, they.. they..
"Woah" Steven and you said I'm union.  Your eyes were all white, it wasn't a blinding white but it was a beautiful soft white, like an angle or heaven. Your irises were beautiful galaxy colours, normal but a lovely purple.

"Woah..." Steven seemed to be staring at your eyes in the reflection. You looked down to the blindfold in your hands, slowly turning back to a white.

"Why did it come with the out fit though? And how do I change my eyes back.." you looked back up to the mirror, the corners and cracks of the room were everting to black mist. The mirror had cracks in the sides. You didn't want to look away from the mirror.

Steven was twitching out and you couldn't look away from the mirror. You looked at your eyes, they were now all black, white skulls as pupils. You screamed at the mirror, shattering it and squeezing your eyes shut.

You quickly grabbed the bandana and placed it over your eyes, fiddling. The lights flickered and spaced out.

"STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP"

"Hey hey, you okay?" You were on the floor, Steven had his hand on your shoulder, seeing if you were okay.

You looked up to him. "I- u- what..." you were confused, two seconds ago he was twitching vigorously. "You were staring into the mirror, and your eyes started to turn to the back of your head. They started to go black and that's when you started to scream. You shattered the mirror and put the blindfold back on, then fell to the floor." He was rubbing your arm with his thumb.

You looked at him, he was okay?

"It might be best if we go to bed, come on, I've missed you" He picked you up and carried you to the bed. "Bandana or no, I'm sure your eyes are beautiful still" Smiling at you, he stroked your hair behind your ear and got into the bed.

A small smile appeared on your face as you laid back down on the bed. Steven pulled the blanket over you both and you snuggled into his chest and he pulled you close. It was much warmer than before...

"Night Steven..." you yawned, as he followed.

"Night (Y/N)..."