(36) Are YOU okay? (36)

Your POV

"Mom..."

She looked up at you, her eye ball was red and she had a white dots for her pupils.

"(Y-Y/N)?..." she was weak, her eyes were terrifying but you couldn't look away.

"(Y/N), I- im sorry... i- I didn't mean f-for t-this to happen... I-" She tried talking fast but something pulled on her chains and she screamed in pain

"Mom?!" You ran over to her and held her shoulder. "Mom!? You're alive?! I need you, Mom what's happening?!" She looked at you, pain in her eyes, sorrow in her eyes. "I-I'm sorry I've done this to you... UGH..." she tried standing up, but fell. "R-Run.. (Y/N).." she looked at you in your eyes.

"Run. Run far away from here, don't come back. You're not safe, not here. I'm not sure how you got here but you have to run. Run back to Steven. Run back home." She was begging you.

"Mom!" Her chains started to pull on her, more blood poured out of her ears.

"RUN"

As that you saw a big knife. It tried to cut you but you dodged it.

"Run (Y/N), Run. I'll find you"

You nodded, your mother screamed in pain and black blood started to fall from her mouth.

You ran.

You didn't look back,

You could here your mothers pitiful screams of pain and agony but you didn't go back. You heard as the screams became gargles, as if she was drowning. You squeeze your eyes tight and ran. You didn't care what was happening, you just ran.

You heard screams, thumps, bangs, cries, laughter, giggles, crashes, splatters.

You ran.

You ran and ran.

You ran into darkness. You just kept running to the ends of wherever you were.

Your tears were falling behind you, your body felt painful, your lungs ached for air and your heart was pounding in your chest.

Don't stop running

Just run

You felt as if you were running in circles, everything was the same, pitch black. You felt dizzy and sick but you ran. You needed to get out of there.

You ran and you ran, eyes shut tight. You felt the world around you become lighter and you tripped on something. You started to fall in a white waterfall.

"(Y/N)?!"

You fell onto the beach floor, tumbling out of thin air. You screamed as you hunched up in a ball, trying to protect yourself.

You were still wearing the strange dress and your hair had gone back to normal. You felt someone grab you and hold you close. You started to cry into their chest, holding them tight. You felt their tears drip onto your (thick/thin) hair.

"(Y/N), I'm so sorry, I didn't know what you were, I want to help you." They repeated. You realize it was Steven, as your head became clearer and could recognize things around you.

"S-Steven, I-it's okay. I'm g-gonna be okay" you held him close. Steven blames himself for everything, he had been searching for you for 3 days, you had vanished.

"(Y/N), where have you been? I've searched the whole world! And home world!" Steven held you by the shoulders with a concerned look on his face. His eyes were puffy and he seemed to have not had a shower in days. His hair was everywhere and he looked stressed out of his mind.

"I-I'm not sure.. I was taken somewhere... it was all black and had my past memories in-" you stopped. "My dad.." you mumbled looking at the ground. "He..." "(Y/N), are you okay?" You looked up at Steven. He wasn't okay. You knew that. His eyes tried to hide the worry and pain he's felt but you knew you could wait.

"Steven.." you placed a hand on his cheek. "Steven... are you okay?" Steven looked taken aback. "(Y/N), it doesn't matter right now. We need to focus on you-" you stopped him.

"Steven, you matter more. My problems can wait. You need to calm down first. Let's go back to the beach house" you smiled at him. He tried to answer back but you placed a finger in front of his and your mouth, "shhh" he smiled but there was still worry, doubt, pain behind his eyes.

You both walked back to the beach house. It didn't take long but you held hands nevertheless. You both walked into the house, Steven had his head down and you looked around. Garnet was on the couch, trying to calm Pearl down as she walked around, up and down, repeating things about if you were okay or what might have happened. Amethyst Laid on the counter top on the kitchen and seemed to be stressing out as well.

"Guys.." everyone stopped and stared at you. "H-Hey" your nervous smile didn't last long as pearl and amethyst ran over to hug you. Garnet followed, picking you all up. "(Y/N)! Where have you been?! Are you okay?" Pearl was fussing over you when you stepped towards Stevens. "Guys, don't worry about me right now.. we need to worry about Steven." You seemed more confident but you were focusing on making sure Steven was okay than anything else.

Steven looked awkwardly at the floor. He hated sharing his emotions, especially if he was down. He really didn't want to focus on himself, he wanted you to be okay. You knew he'd needed it more, he looked a stressed mess.

"Steven? Are you alright?" Amethyst looked at Steven. He couldn't look at anyone and stood staring at the ground. He smiled "yeah I'm fine" you watched as his fake smiled fooled everyone. Something strange happened, you saw behind his eyes, time slowed down as you heard his thoughts.

Smile, we need to help (Y/N).

She deserves more and we need to help her.

Whether or not I'm okay, she needs to be.

Everything started to go back to normal and you heard pearl asking you questions. Ignoring her, you pulled on Stevens shoulders making him look at you. His smile fell as you pulled him from his thoughts. "Steven, I'm okay. You matter right now. Not me, not them, you." You looked right into his eyes, you had proven him wrong. He never thought you would seem so much bigger than him.

He nodded, looking disappointed in himself. You watched him and held his cheek. He leaned into your touch humming. "You matter as much as all of us" you smiled and he looked at you and the Crystal Gems. He smiled, knowing people cared about him.

For the rest of the day you kept fussing over Steven. You both baked a cake and joked around, decorating it as a gem and writing 'Crystal Gems' you both gave it to them all and they all tried a piece, even Pearl. They said it was delicious and Amethyst ended up eating two thirds of it, and pearls piece. You and Steven both went to his room and watched shows and movies. Halfway through you both went to have a shower. Your watermelon conditioner and shampoo had been used as you had a shower after Steven.

Later you realized who was using it, Stevens hair smelt like watermelons and was big and fluffy.

You poked at his sides and he jumped, "hmmm someone's been using my watermelon shampoo and conditioner... I wonder who" you kept poking his sides as he kept giggling. He was quite surprised in how you had come back more confident. After all, it was you teasing him, not him teasing you.

You both watched some movies and fell asleep at sunset.

Steven had a great day, he was so much happier you were back. Tomorrow you had to explain everything but right now, you just stroked your hands through Stevens hair. Hearing him drift to sleep...