(87) Cracked and Dangerous (87)

Your POV

"Nothing!" Steven smiled, trying to push the conversation away. Everything around you told you he was lying, the shadows, his fake face, his eyes.

"Steven! Don't l-lie to me!" You shouted a bit louder than you'd realised. Steven and Connie flinched at the level of noise but Steven kept holding his gem.

"I'm fine!" He smiled, clearly fake. You looked down to his navel, then back up to his face. You hurt because you didn't think he would just lie to you... "Why are you lying?"

Your voice was different, it was more elegant but Full of fear and hurt.

The scenes started to flicker. The room flickered black and you stared at Steven that started to flicker into a man, he looked like void.. just younger?

You freaked out a bit but the scene with void had completely taken over..

He had a soft anger in his eyes, words kept coming from your mouth.

"Why are you lying?!" You stepped closer to Void who didn't flinch. You waved your hand around. "You told them to leave! Why are you lying to me!" Void had his arms crossed whilst showing no emotion. Looked away as your eyes started to fill with tears.

"What are we going to do Void?!" "Ammonite, you need to calm down." He just seemed a bit annoyed.
"Calm down?! Void this is it! You can't keep doing this!!" You stopped and waited for his answer. Void couldn't even look you in the eyes-

"(Y/N)!?"

You were blinded as you were brought into the real world. Steven was on the floor with tears in his eyes, afraid. terrified actually. You gasped and looked over to Connie. She had prepared  her sword as if to hurt you incase something else happened. What happened...

You looked down to Steven and saw that he had blood stains coming from his eyes and marks around his neck as if he had been strangled. His skin was even greyer and the bags under his eyes were now dark circles. His eyes were wide and he had his hand out trying to protect himself from you. His heavy breathing told you that something bad had happened.
He looked terrified.

Your eyes filled with tears as they rolled down your cheeks. That's when you noticed you didn't have your blindfold on. Normally you would have felt the materiel and water mix. You looked at the ground but it wasn't there. You looked around your feet but you couldn't see it. It made you panic even more.

You turned back to the terrified Steven with fear in your eyes. Luckily they had gone back to their normal (e/c). Your whole soul filled with fear as you looked down to him. You couldn't even get anything out.

"I-I'm-" you stuttered. What could you do? If you could do this then Void will destroy them. You have to get them out somehow. Watching them die because of you would be like being stabbed, this already felt as if you had been shot in the heart.

You could only hear your heart beat and Stevens. Both heavy and in rhythm with each other.

You hadn't even realised that half of Stevens shirt was up.... and his gem was showing- what had you done.

You could have killed him..

"(Y/n).." you turned your head to see Connie slowly step forward, her sword still at the ready. "I-" that one last glance at Steven made you run. Lion was still there and you jumped onto him as Steven and Connie yelled after you- well.. Connie yelled...

You jumped onto Lions back as he ran to the balcony and jumped off, roaring and jumping through a portal.

You could hear Connie running across the floor and trying to catch up to you but you were too fast.

You turned back to see she had fallen on the crumbled wood, tears in her eyes.

What hurt the most though, is looking at Steven. Still laying back there, terrified of you. The tears that glasses his eyes and how his mouth was partly open to let more air in and breath better. The black bags and streaks of that liquid down his face.

You turned back to Lions front as the portal behind closed as you could both make it through the other portal. You swiftly turned back to him and cried into his mane.

You almost killed Steven...

And you had cracked his gem...