(20) She Looks Perfect Tonight (20)

TWENTY!! WHOOP WHOOP!

Your POV

"Wait"

Steven made you turn around and pulled you into his chest. "We'll catch up later" he shouted. Greg had left with his van and the gems had all packed up. Steven took the blanket and laid it down. "Sit down with me (Y/N)" it was starting to get dark again but you sat down on your knees next to him.

"I figured, because we didn't get to see the sunrise, like we did a month ago. We should watch the sun set." Steven looked out to see the sun fade over the sea line. You both had stars in your eyes, watching all the different colors fading into a night sky.

"Beautiful right?" You said. Steven chuckled, "mhm".

You both sat in silence, watching the stars form in the sky. Suddenly Steven had started a song on his phone, 'Perfect' by 'Ed Sheeran'. You gave Steven a confused face as he stood up. He bowed laying out his hand to you, "may I have this dance?" He looked up with a shirk. You gave a quick blush and nodded, taking his hand.

I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

You took his hand as he pulled you up. "S-Steven... I- I don't know how to..." you started. "It's okay, just follow my steps" Steven smiled at you and you looked down to his feet.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time

But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

You started to get the hang of it when Steven started to sing along.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song"

He smiled at you, tucking your hair behind your ear.

"When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight.."

You blushed and looked down. Steven had shut up now, both concentrating on the dance.

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

Steven had started to sing again, making you smile.

"When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight"

You were both staring into each other's eyes, stars sparkled.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

He smiled at you, when the song had finished, you had both stopped, looking into each other's eyes. The moon shone onto you both and the stars twinkled in your eyes.

You looked down, a small smile on your face. Steven just look at you, he believed you were beautiful in the moonlight. He brought his hand to your chin, making you look up at him.

"Beautiful right?" He joked. You giggled. "Mhm"

His brown eyes sparked as the light reflected off them. You could see behind his eyes again, the joy and love. The hope. It made you smile. "Your eyes are amazing (Y/N)" he told you, stroking your cheek.

He was surprised to feel you lean into his touch. "Yours are fabulous" you replied. This made him smile, he loved it when you talked or complemented him.

You both sat back down, watching the oceans waves. After some time, you heard small snores coming from the tired boy next to you. Your eye lids slowly started to fall and you felt something pull you up onto Stevens chest. You were too tired to check and a small smile dusted your face. Not long after, you gently drifted off to sleep...

————————————————————

Hey y'all, hoping you're enjoying this! It's far from over but I loved writing this chapter. It was so beautiful. Hope you loved it too!

Anyway, be prepared to meet Connie...