𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖

As Jung Hoseok leaned his head back against the plane seat and let out a small sigh, several thoughts pondered his mind keeping his eyes wide awake and brain restless. His family had just left their home state; where Hoseok had spent all of his life, to move across the country due to his father's occupation; a consultant.

Hoseok was nervous and a bit angry to say the least. Yes, he was proud and very grateful to be blessed with new opportunities such as this, and also happy that his father's job provided him with new journeys; but he couldn't help but feel at least a little sad that he would never see his neighborhood friends again.

He had spent all of his childhood there and made countless cherishable memories that would be forever engraved in his heart. Memories from his first day of preschool, his first bike ride, and losing his first tooth. Not to mention all the incredibly important friendships made along the way as well; all holding a title of significance of his past that he now had to leave behind.

Even though Hoseok was in general a very optimistic and enthusiastic person, he could not help but let anxieties swarm his head and his heart to continuously beat nervously inside his chest. He was imagining every single possible scenario that could go wrong in this new hometown and school, and only imagined the negatives that could come out of it.

Will they even like me?

probably not, I'm too annoying and loud

Will I even be able to make friends?

Every other student probably wears fcking gucci and sh*t while I'm over here with my sweatpants from Target and Walmart

Suddenly, interrupting his thoughts clouded with insecurities, he felt someone poke his shoulder a countless amount of times. He turned his head around and took off his headphones to glare at the culprit in annoyance; Jung Dawon, his younger sister, who had a rather devilish smirk plastered across her face.

[a/n: yes, I know IRL that Dawon is older than Hobi, but for the sake of the storyline she's younger than him by a year :)]

"Hey?! Will you quit that?"

"The plane is landing soon, mom and dad told me to tell you since you seemed to be daydreaming and also you looked depressed."

"Shut up."

Dawon turned back into her seat with a playful expression and continued playing her new game, Animal Crossing on her Nintendo switch. Hoseok eventually told her to turn off her volume since the constant noises of the cute animals drove him absolutely insane.

Unlike Hoseok, Dawon was not too phased by this sudden change interrupting her lifestyle; in fact she was quite excited to explore a new territory and begin a new chapter of unknown opportunities.

She was also very popular and well-liked at her old school, and will probably be the same at the new one, which made school life much easier and more enjoyable than Hoseok. Not to mention, she was extremely pretty, with dark brown chocolate eyes and a button nose with delicate facial features, frequently catching many boys' attention in the hallway during passing periods.

As Hoseok put back on his headphones, he let out a sigh and continued to listen to his "sad :(" playlist. He always listened to this whenever he was feeling down and didn't feel like talking to anyone, while usually binge eating snacks to distract his worries and take his mind of things that were bothering him.

The boy closed his eyes for the remainder of the plane ride, calm tunes playing in the back of his head putting him into a peaceful dreamland.

╔═══°,*⋅══〗══⋅*,°═══╗