𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖

Yoongi sighed for the fifth time that class, tapping his pencil absentmindedly on the desk. No matter what, he couldn't stop thinking about the game that was happening later that evening.

Anyone else would've thunk that he'd be moderately confident, seeing as he did spend the whole week practicing non stop. But it's strange how exerting yourself to your full extent can have two whole different effects.

Even though Yoongi is happy he practiced extra hard this week, it's also the same reason as to why he's incredibly worried. Because for all the hours he put into practicing, not once did it occur in his mind that that it could have a negative connotation to it.

Like possibly resulting in fainting, being too weak to play, or having his muscles giving up on him mid court. Which is ironic, considering that's the exact reason he decided to spend all his energy practicing.

In order to avoid those possible outcomes.

But, the boy had been so focused on getting fit and stronger in those five days, running drills his coach had told them to practice over and over again, that he didn't even wrap his mind around the reality that comes with it. Those false ideologies had brainwashed him into thinking that overworking yourself could cause mass improvement in a span of five days.

When really, it's the opposite.

He should've listened to Hoseok's warning in the beginning of the week, when that unexpected text notification popped up on his lock screen saying not to over-exhaust himself.

But of course the male had been too engrossed in the mere thought of disappointing his team, that he simply brushed off the words of advice with a simple little white lie.

As they always say, you learn from your mistakes.

Maybe I'm being a little over dramatic, Yoongi thought to himself, anxiously watching as the clock's second hand ticked on the grainy classroom wall.

I'm sure it will be okay, the more I stress about it the more it's likely to come true, he attempted to calm himself down, some strategies he had picked up from none other than Namjoon.

With steady breaths inhaling in and out, Yoongi felt his rapidly beating pulse slow down a bit, slightly filling the boy with a feeling of tranquility.

It was just keeping that relaxed state of mind that would be more challenging, because little annoying and pestering thoughts always managed to squirm past the optimistic ones, and completely drown them with insecurities and worries.

However, now was not the time to dwell on all the negative possibilities, as that would only make the situation worse.

For the remaining class time, Yoongi's eyes pierced through his big round glasses, trying his best to concentrate in order to flood out any thoughts regarding basketball.

And also because he had nearly flunked his past two quizzes.

This continued throughout the whole day, with the male striving to limit all distractions or dismissive thoughts that so happened to pass through his already hectic mind.

Not to mention, this whole process was made much easier when a certain brunet never forgot to flash the elder a passing smile in the hallways between class periods, never failing to light up the place around them. Any form of jubilance Yoongi would so gladly take at the moment, even just the simplest of smile did the job.

☺︎︎☺︎︎☺︎︎

"Don't stress too much, you've been working so hard I'd be surprised if your team didn't win. Plus, we'll be cheering you and JK on from the sidelines," Hoseok playfully punched Yoongi's shoulder, laughs lightly escaping his mouth through a big grinning smile.