𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕤𝕚𝕩

It didn't really occur between the two how long they stayed like that.

But they didn't care either.

Without having to say anything, both Hoseok and Yoongi knew and understood that neither one of them wanted to depart from the affectionate and heartfelt embrace. Words couldn't quite explain how they felt in that moment, as it was a sudden burst of abundant emotions.

As time passed on, different passerby's and wandering strangers walked past the hugging pair, not really taking note of it as it was just in their peripheral vision and background view.

Both boys had these big, goofy smiles on their faces, with cheeks squished up against one another's bodies.

Yoongi's arm wrapped around Hoseok's back, and his other gently brushing his fingers through the brunet's bouncy and fluffy locks. With arms tightly hugging Yoongi's waist, Hoseok buried his head into the crook of the elder's neck, keeping them both warm in the bitter and shivery weather.

After several long minutes without speaking, as the two didn't really need words to communicate in the sweet moment, Hoseok finally spoke up, his voice muffled against Yoongi's shoulder and neck.

"Thank you," Hoseok practically whispered, his voice sounding so small and tiny that Yoongi's heart couldn't help but uwu.

"For what?"

"For apologizing, it means a lot. Even though you didn't really do anything," Hoseok laughed lightly, "and also for telling me about Chul."

"But I really appreciate you comforting me," he added on after a bit of hesitation.

Yoongi wanted to die right there and then.

Heart beat quickly speeding up and thumping rapidly against his broad chest as if begging to escape, his cheeks heated up at the younger's comment as he couldn't find anything to say. It was as if his tongue got ripped out, and as much as he wanted to speak, he couldn't.

But after a while, the words finally came to him atlas.

"Hoseok."

"Mhm?" The younger squirmed against Yoongi's chest, attempting to settle in a more comfortable position. Yoongi giggled at the motion, reminding him of a child sitting in a parent's lap after dinner.

"I'm sorry for being cold to you, in the beginning of the year. I really don't know why I was, but it was jerky of me to do that, and I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that."

Freezing at his words, Hoseok's eyes widened from shock at Yoongi recognizing his odd behavior for the first several weeks of school.

He wasn't mad at Yoongi, in fact he more so blamed himself for making the elder dislike him for whatever reason. Astonishment was the only emotion Hoseok felt at that very moment, as soon as those unexpected words left Yoongi's lips.

And for Yoongi, it felt as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulder. He knew for a while, ever since he and Hoseok had gotten closer, that it would be the right thing to own up to his mistakes and rude attitude sometime in the near future.

Apologizing has never been easy for Yoongi, but as soon as those genuine and sincere words were said, he instantly felt a wave of relief wash over him.

"It's okay," Hoseok looked up slightly and smiled at Yoongi, who's eyes were wide at the composed and laid back response.

He's not mad?

"I mean, it's my fault for being really annoying and obnoxious. Sometimes I get a little carried away," Hoseok chuckled.

"No no no," Yoongi frantically responded, scolding himself for sounding desperate.