𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

[A/N: I double updated yesterday, so make sure you've read chp 75 & 76 beforehand! <3]

Hoseok's body moved sharply to the blasting music coming out of the speakers above head, with every beat came a swift head turn or stomp on the ground, power radiating out of every single metatarsal in his feet as they fluidly guided him along the wooden dance floor.

It was competition season, and that meant no fooling around.

Not one dance practice had room for goofing off of any sort, which before the competition came around Hoseok and Jimin would do freely any chance they got.

But now, every second was spent cleaning up any messy or roughly done moves in the choreography, even if it was the smallest of a mistake such as using your left foot instead of your right. But even catching the tiniest glimpse of something done incorrectly, the dance instructor would announce for the whole team to do the entire thing from the beginning until there were no more mess ups.

Sweat beaded down everyone's exhausted faces, yet still keeping their dedicated eyes forward not daring to collapse down onto the ground no matter how much their bodies begged them to do so. The temptation was too overbearing to ignore, but having been in the dance world for nearly all their lives, the students had learned to dismiss those thoughts and refuse to do so.

Back in August until early October, the dance room would previously be filled with an abundance of laughter bouncing off the walls and flowing into everyone's ears like some new kind of heartfelt music, only promising for wide smiles to be splayed out on everyone's gleeful faces. Even while warming up or dancing, side chatter never failed to make its way across the room or amongst students, as they used every given opportunity to crack a joke or make a comment about how much they were dying from the tiring exercises.

But now, all that was heard was the booming music, blocking out any side thoughts that didn't revolve around the dance competition or how to improve a certain step; and the tiresome gasps for air and breathless pants slipping from the student's dehydrated lips as their dry tongues desired for nothing else but that pleasurable taste of ice cold water.

Yet, somehow, they managed to push through, using every ounce of their drained body left to squeeze out their last bit of energy just making it to the end of their tenth run-through that day, and the second the last beat dropped, so did their fatigued bodies.

"Alright everyone, take five minutes to grab a drink of water or use the restroom. We'll run through the dance a couple more times before I let you guys for the day," the teacher casually announced, tranquillity lacing her voice as she drifted over towards the music player and pausing it for the time being.

"Oh. My. God," Chaeyoung puffed, her chest rising up and down with her hair up in a messy ponytail that had come undone from exerting her body to the absolute climax during the choreography.

"You did good," Hoseok complimented, and although his voice was raspy from the endless amount panting, a smile still managed to etch its way onto Chaeyoung's features as she clearly heard the genuineness in her friend's voice.

"Thanks," she responded weakly, though still offering him a warm smile only to get one in return, "you were were amazing as usual."

"Ahh," Hoseok waved his hand as a gesture to disregard her statement, "you and Jimin were much cleaner than me. I kinda gave up at the end," a light chuckle left his lips, only earning a pat on the back from Jimin.

"You should give yourself more credit than that," Jimin scoffed, turning Hoseok's head around sharply with both of his hands placed on either side of the elder's cheeks, "you're like, one of the best dancers in this room. It's okay to not be humble for once."