𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕠𝕟𝕖

[A/N: chapter may be shorter, but still vital <3]

It was currently late at night in Jung Hoseok's bedroom, yet his mind was swarming with thoughts and worries. Overcomplicating things was his speciality.

Ever since the encounter with Chul that happened earlier that day, the interaction wouldn't leave his mind. Guilt, panic, and uncertainty all completely took control of his conscience, leaving the poor boy a flustered and chaotic mess of jumbled thoughts.

Hoseok paced back and worth in his small yet cozy room, running a hand through his hair nonstop as a way to soothe the uprising anxieties. If someone were to look inside Hoseok's mind at that specific moment, they'd be quite overwhelmed to say the least.

There was nothing more than what Hoseok wanted for to get over his stupid little crush, but its like the upper gods had wanted him to suffer in turmoil. He didn't know what to think of Chul anymore; one moment he seems nice then the next he's overthinking him to be the next super villain.

Even though Lee Chul has only ever seemed like the stereotypical perfect boyfriend, Yoongi explained him to be quite the opposite.

Hoseok stopped in the middle of his room, putting a hold on all other thoughts as one particular one came across his mind, I wonder what Chul did to Yoongi in the first place?

He for sure didn't want to crush on someone who is or had been mean to someone in their friend group, even if the two weren't quite friends yet.

Still, Hoseok cared about Yoongi's well-being, and if liking Chul meant breaking their trust then he for sure would want to put an end to it.

The fragile boy had never felt so deeply conflicted in his life, and it was over something so small and unimportant.

Yet, it wasn't unimportant at the same time.

This stupid crush could possibly determine his future relationship with the others, especially Yoongi. What angered him the most is that Chul seemed to be a sweet, polite, and well-mannered, only to messed with Hoseok's feelings even more.

He'd rather have Chul be upfront and rude in order to put an end to this silly crush quicker, but by leading Hoseok on it defeintely made the task more difficult.

The light hazel eyes, lean and toned body, the way he carried himself, and the personality he exhibited sucked Hoseok right in to his little trap.

And now there was no way getting out.

All these thoughts came crashing down, making Hoseok kneel on the floor and collapse into himself from all the mentally steaming and overbearing assumptions, "ARGHHH!"

"I HATE IT HERE!"

Tears came rolling down Hoseok's cheeks, his eyelashes and cheeks damp and swollen from the unexpected waterfall.

In that moment, the door bursted open, to reveal a very concerned Dawon. With her hair tied up in a messy bun and an oversized hoodie, she looked as if she just rushed out of her room and was awakened by her brother's loud sobs.

Once Hoseok turned around to face her, his teary face and sullen expression quite evident, Dawon's expression fell completely with worry, "Hoseokie?"

The younger sister rushed over to her sobbing brother, instantly wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug which he immediately leaned into.

"What's wrong? Please tell me," Dawon faced her brother, heart breaking right away at the pitiful sight.

"I'm fine," Hoseok managed choked out.

"I'm not buying that for one second, Hoseok. What happened? You can tell me."

Letting down the stubborn act, Hoseok told Dawon everything. From meeting his friend group several weeks ago, to the incident today at the locker. How he was worried Yoongi hated him and that he just wanted to be on good terms with everyone. How he wished the stupid crush would just go away, yet he's not even sure what Chul is actually like.

And how badly he just wanted to earn Yoongi's trust, yet things like this made it so hard to do. Everytime Hoseok sat down at lunch he felt a certain pair of eyes piercing into his soul, making him question every phrase he was about to say.

And he was sick of it.

Sick of being held back, already insecure about his personality to begin with. Especially after finding the perfect group, it only made it more frustrating that yet another blockade of some sort was preventing him of showing his true self.

Phrases flew out of his mouth, blabbering word after word. Dawon was surprised she could even keep up with what he was saying, as he was talking almost inaudibly.

Hoseok told her how badly he just wanted to believe Yoongi, since the elder had never willingly talked to him before. So, it must be important, therefore Hoseok needed to listen to Yoongi. But it wasn't that easy, as he explained in exasperation.

Dawon just sat there, facing her broken brother, patiently listening and taking in every detail he cried about. Once Hoseok finally wrapped up his thoughts, a heavy sigh escaped his mouth as he leaned forward into his lap, hands resting in his head of messy and disheveled hair.

"Well," Dawon began, thinking of the best way to put this without further angering her brother, "I think you should trust Yoongi. Like you said, he doesn't talk to you unless it something that really matters, and he seems like a very honest person. If Chul hurt him in the past or is maybe still hurting him, you should respect that and try to distance from him. Yes, he may come off as sweet but people are two-faced, Hoseok. Don't be fooled."

Dawon concluded her advice while apprehensively looking at Hoseok. He seemed to be in deep thought, as his blank gaze towards the floor showed he was attempting to accept his sister's wise words.

After a couple minutes of contemplating, Hoseok sighed and looked at his squirming sister, "You're right Dawon, thank you."

He leaned forward and wrapped his sister in a warm, securing bear hug; burying his face in the crook of her neck

The two siblings like that for a while, feeling the safety in each each other's arms, and listening to one another's cries and worries.

🍌thank you for reading!! hope u enjoyed uWu

🍼thank you so much for 600 reads🥺💖

🍌editor/assistant: jiminie_cricket_