𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

Throughout the whole week, Min Yoongi had been dedicating every second of the day to basketball. Getting up at 5:00am and playing until 11:00pm after school, the male didn't stop until he was completely drenched in sweat.

And he was still convinced he was not working hard enough.

Because somewhere in that mind of his, there was this philosophy that there was always room for improvement. Even if his stance was perfect, moves flawless, and was the ideal star player in the entire world, Yoongi would still look in the mirror and see an untalented and useless person staring back at him.

"Yoongi, honey-"

"Mom, I'm fine," the male retorted harshly, instantly feeling guilt rush up to him at his rough tone. Outside, where Yoongi was shooting baskets late at night, the moon had fully risen in the sky and the only sounds that could be heard were cars riding through the empty streets periodically.

Yoongi's mom gave his son a worried glance, hand placed lovingly on his bare shoulder, "Please, get some rest."

Looking up to meet his mother's distressed gaze and stress wrinkles all about her face only broke his heart even more.

I made her like this, Yoongi told himself.

I'm the one causing her all this unnecessary stress.

Not bearing the devastating sight, Yoongi only sighed in defeat and meekly nodded, instantly replacing his mother's anxious expression with a relived one.

"Okay honey, lets get you inside," his mother soft spokenly said, voice like milk and honey.

Heaving a heavy sigh, Yoongi reluctantly walked up the porch with his mother beside him, just now all the sleepiness finally weighing down upon him.

It felt as if a brick hit his head, the male was much too focused to even notice how worn out his body was. Right when his hands let go of the basketball and watched it slip away from under his finger tips, it was as if a spell was lifted off of him.

In a matter of minutes, his eyelids became droopy with fatigue, barely being able to keep them open as it felt like they weighed nearly 100 pounds.

Rubbing his eyes in best attempt to keep himself awake, Yoongi dragged himself up the staircase and towards the shower, his mother glancing back at him before returning to her own bedroom.

His hand gripped the bath faucet, crystal clear water immediately gushing out with a loud whoosh. Currently soaked in sweat and filth, taking a shower sounded very relaxing and cleansing at the very moment.

After leaving the bathroom with water dripping down his forehead and chest, Yoongi changed into a simple pair of sweatpants and a plain tee shirt, more than happy to be inches away from comfort and sleep.

As the boy was about to set foot in dreamland, an unexpected ding! sounded from his phone, screen light illuminating the dark and moonlit room.

Picking up the device with a sigh, eyes wincing at the overpowering blue light, his fingers swiped up on the lock screen to reveal the text message he had just received.

Hoseok
helloo

Yoongi just stared blindly at the simple and bland text message, eyes having to reread the text and who the sender was over and over again to fully convince himself that indeed, Jung Hoseok had texted him.

But why? Why so late at night?

What could this sweet, innocent boy want with Yoongi? Sure, they've had a few conversations here and there, but why did he suddenly send the elder a text?