𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

"Yoongiiii," Namjoon sighed, walking over to his friend who was ranting on and on about how horrible he felt about not being able to go to the dance performance, his head burrowed into his arms which were resting on one of the café counters, "Hoseok said it's fine, and neither Jimin nor Chae seemed mad. You're just seeing too far into it."

"Yeah but," Yoongi hesitated, gathering up the courage to say what he was about to say, "I really wanted to go too, especially since it's my first time seeing Hoseok and Chae dance," he muffled weakly, glad that his now bright pink face was covered by his elbows since he was still face planted onto the counter.

Yoongi absolutely hated how whiny he sounded  when complaining about something so small and petty, but at that moment, he couldn't care less and just needed someone to vent to in order to unleash all those bottled up feelings inside him regarding the entire thing.

For not even a mere second, Namjoon's calm expression morphed into a subtle smirk, but he quickly wiped it off as he rested a gentle hand on Yoongi's shoulder.

"There will be other opportunities to see them too, you know," Namjoon assured, bringing back a little spark of hope into Yoongi's dimmed soul.

"I guess," Yoongi mumbled, getting up from his original hunched over position and walking over towards one of the coffee machines, "still, I-"

"Yoongi!" Seokjin shouted from across the café, marching over towards the squirming boy who now trembled nervously under the booming voice, "stop being a sad little fuck and get back to making drinks!" He whisper scolded, earning a string of fussy complaints from Yoongi who purposely dug his sneakers into the floor as Seokjin attempted at dragging him across the place.

"I'd rather sulk in my misery."

"You'll be sulking even more once no pay check comes in the mail," he retorted back, with Yoongi just rolling his eyes in return but complying nonetheless since he did really need the money.

After all, Christmas was only less than two weeks away and he still hasn't gotten any of his friends or family members gifts yet, which has been eating him away as days passed by without him actually completing the task.

So with that threat hanging above his head, Yoongi zoomed across the café like his life depended on it finishing up a large variety of chores that he usually wouldn't do on a normal day to day basis.

"Yikes," Jimin whispered to Namjoon and Seokjin beside him, all three just gazing questionably as Yoongi dashed from table to table cleaning up customer's messes, before taking more orders and stirring up even more drinks, "what's gotten into him?"

"Sad about the dance thingy," Namjoon responded plainly, separating from the two as he went into the back storage area of the coffee shop to fetch out some needed supplies.

Jimin nodded slowly at this, taking in the information as he eyes grazed along Yoongi's fidgety and jittery state, not being able to make out the expression painted across his sullen face.

One minute he was breaking down on the café counter, and the next he was running across the café at the speed of light doing every single task possible. Jimin's eyes narrowed down at him, trying his best to read Yoongi's current emotions and figure out what in the world was going on in that head of his.

But after wasting several minutes attempting at studying his soul, Jimin released a defeated sigh as he whipped a towel over his shoulder and headed back to the cash registers as more customers lined up to have their orders taken.

He just hoped everything was alright.

✈︎   ☁︎︎    ✈︎   ☁︎︎   ✈︎