𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕤𝕚𝕩

Ever since yesterday, hope swelled up in the spiky and energetic boy; that maybe there was a possibility of a friendship between him and Yoongi.

After hours and hours of overthinking and anxiety inducing thoughts, Hoseok finally decided not to dwell on the negativity that came out of this whole situation.

In fact, talking to Yoongi without second guessing himself came much more naturally than anticipated. And Hoseok found out that once starting an actual conversation with him, it flowed quite nicely.

So, at the very least, Hoseok hoped that all this built up coldness and awkwardness between the two would fizz away eventually. But, Hoseok would be patient with Yoongi, even if it did take several weeks or months even.

As long as something good came out of it.

Once Taehyung and Hoseok entered the school building that morning per usual, Taehyung said he had to check in with a teacher, leaving Hoseok to venture on his own in the intimidating high school.

It wasn't as scary anymore, since Hoseok had settled in quite well in the new environment from the past few weeks he had been situated. His main worry was looking awkward or lonely in the halls, so to prevent this he used an old yet handy trick. Taking out his phone from his pocket, he made himself look fully absorbed into it, not letting his eyes meet anything else but the small screen. By doing this, he avoided eye contact with anyone who happened to be wandering in the hallways as well.

While mindlessly scrolling on Twitter and Instagram, and also switching in between apps frequently, a familiar head of mint green hair popped up into view.

Min Yoongi.

That familiar feeling of a combination of nervousness and confidence filled Hoseok. After debating with himself for several minutes, he finally built up the guts to walk over and greet the elder.

Gotta start somewhere, right?

Busy with cramming textbooks and assignments into the thin slots in the locker, Yoongi didn't even suspect someone was approaching him from behind.

"Hi Yoongi!"

When hearing the familiar high-pitched and energetic voice that he knew all too well, Yoongi jumped back in surprise as he was not expecting that at all. Along with almost having a heart attack, all the textbooks and notebooks he was holding fell out of his arms and crashed onto the ground with a loud thud! scaring the boy even more.

"Sh*t," Yoongi mumbled under his breath, as he began picking up all the fallen school supplies.

Hoseok, who only wanted to be friendly, now felt even worse and instantly went to help Yoongi pick up his fallen things.

The one time you actually have the courage to do something, of course this has to happen, Hoseok mentally face palmed himself.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," Hoseok frantically apologized about a dozen times, shakiness apparent in his tone.

A tiny bit annoyed, Yoongi managed out an, "It's fine," just so Hoseok would stop apologizing repeatedly.

Yes, it was a minor inconvenience so Yoongi scolded himself not to get pissed and lash out at the poor boy. After all, Hoseok was just trying to be kind and greet him, which no one ever did as Yoongi usually spent his mornings at school alone.

Yoongi just brushed it off as no big deal, while Hoseok looked as if he had to pee his pants right there and then. Yoongi eyed Hoseok's legs, which were anxiously bouncing up and down, and the very guilty expression on his face.