𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕪 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

[make sure you get to yesterday's chapter {87} beforehand <33!]

❤︎

It was the evening of their last basketball game of junior year, and the teammates attempted at keeping their best possible attitude for the game yet it was still immensely difficult when early tears brimmed their saddened eyes at the reminder that this was their last.

They didn't even want to think about their last game of senior year, now that would be even more painfully heartbreaking and almost impossible to endure without bursting into tears mid court.

Thankfully, everyone managed to contain those pessimistic thoughts and keep themselves under control, swiftly wiping away tears and plastering on encouraging smiles for the sake of others.

Aside from Jungkook and Yoongi who were obviously playing on the court, the rest of their friend group showed up as well for moral support and to cheer them on as the players rushed across the gym dribbling basketballs in hand that the others needed to capture in order to call victory theirs.

Right before the game was due to start, Yoongi, being the team captain, gave his last pep talk of the year which never failed to fill his fellow teammates with confidence as a smile made its way onto every one of their faces.

Seeing those smiles almost made Yoongi lose all self control and burst into tears right there and then, but fortunately he saved those urges until after the game where the team had all decided to eat out together somewhere once and for all.

"Alright guys," Yoongi sighed, forcing on a smile, "its our last game of the year, and I couldn't be more proud of you all. I've seen nothing but improvement in all of you since August, and it's wild how much better you've all grown, despite all being well driven players since the beginning. Remember: victory isn't everything, and if we don't win this last game, then who cares? I'm just glad to call you guys my teammates and share this last moment with all of you." Yoongi smiled, the pain of holding back his tears growing more and more difficult with every second, "Lastly, kick some ass out there, kay?"

Everyone else's heartwarming gaze met his, instantly filling his heart with warmth as it consumed his body whole with nothing but happiness.

That was all except for Jackson.

"Jackson, are you crying!?" Yoongi chuckled, patting his fellow teammate on the back in order to comfort him before being scheduled to play.

"N-no! My eyes are just sweating. It's h-hot in h-here," he said in between sniffles, wiping away the fallen tears on his cheeks as he looked up with bright red and puffy eyes, only to meet everyone's concerned looks staring right back at him.

"I'm fine guys I promise!" He choked out, earning surrounding chuckles from the group as they all focused their attention back to Yoongi.

After some more words of encouragement and their last group chant of the season, the team stormed off onto the court holding powerful stances. From their brisk walk to their perfect posture, no one could tear their eyes away from them.

The simple aura they radiated was much too addicting to look away, everyone in the stands eyes' were glued to every single player and utterly entranced by the miraculous vibe they were giving off.

Hell, the referee hasn't even thrown the basketball up in the air yet and Hoseok's eyes were already stuck onto Yoongi, who looked freaking stunning on the court. Not to mention his very intimidating yet powerful presence, with his eyes holding just an intense glare with the objective of grabbing possession of the ball.

He looked so... serious.

But it was so attractive at the same time, since it really did bring out a different side of him that Hoseok wasn't as used to.