𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Hoseok
make sure to get some rest b4 tmrws game :D

Hoseok hesitantly pressed the 'send' button, before digging his face into a nearby pillow laying on his bed. Until Yoongi responded, he gently rocked himself on the bed waiting for a reply as stress eased upon him.

Every morning when Hoseok happened to pass Yoongi in the halls at school, he couldn't help but notice how exhausted the boy looked. With shaggy and messy hair, dark circles under his eyes, constant stumbling as he walked, and even the clothes he wore gave away clues that Yoongi had fallen into a black hole of distress.

Usually, he would either wear jeans with a decent crew neck or shirt of some sort, with neatly swept back hair and an overall clean appearance. But, in the last few days, Yoongi wore his glasses that Hoseok had never even seen before, with sweatpants and a hoodie.

That alone obviously didn't mean a lot, but it was his attitude, slurred speech, and persistent spacing out. Several times during their sixth period class, Hoseok would have to poke Yoongi with a pen or pencil, in order to save the boy from humiliation if the teacher caught the elder dozing off.

Of course Hoseok felt terribly bad, as he hated seeing Yoongi in this state of extreme fatigue, and that he was stripping away chances of rest for him. The fact that there was no way to help at all only made it even worse, as it added onto the pile of guilt Hoseok dealt with already.

So, Hoseok had done nothing but daily check ups on Yoongi and trying his best to cheer the elder up with some form of positivity. Whether it be cracking jokes or just simply having a light hearted conversation together.

At times it worked, as a bubbly feeling of bliss always spurred inside Hoseok once a smile tugged at Yoongi's lips. What made him even more confident that he was helping was when that signature gummy smile made an appearance , as it only popped out if Yoongi was genuinely happy.

Hoseok felt content within himself knowing he had that effect on the elder, able to make him smile even during his hardest times.

Not only did it cheer up Yoongi's sullen spirits, but all their friends as well. Seeing him like that only made the others feel as if there was a rain cloud above each of their individual heads, as a gloomy atmosphere hung over the lunch table the past week.

But once Hoseok filled the tense and empty silence with a carefree pun or spontaneous burst of laughter, it was as if everyone's spirits were immediately raised again. From dreadful and downcast expressions to gleaming smiles in the split of a second, the vibe completely altered.

It was amazing really, as not many people have that capability of flipping everyone's attitudes with the snap of a finger.

Like how a sun comes out from beneath a storm cloud, instantly turning the dark grey skies to crystal clear blue with the occasional rainbow.

And in those moments, Yoongi couldn't be more thankful.

☺︎︎☺︎︎☺︎︎

Amidst writing an equation for a math problem, a sudden ping! sounded from Yoongi's phone set beside him.

Silently groaning as he ran his hands through his messy hair, he reluctantly picked up his phone in order to quickly view who had texted.