𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕪 𝕠𝕟𝕖

DOUBLE UPDATE ! as a thank you for 7k💘

❤︎

"See y'all hoes over break!" Taehyung shouted down the hallway as he walked side by side with Hoseok, his voice echoing throughout the now vacant school.

Everyone just shook their heads and laughed, all saying a quick goodbye before eventually parting ways.

Though before Yoongi could make his way outside towards the train station, Chaeyoung gently placed a hand on his shoulder and beckoned him to stay back for a bit. Confused by the unexpected action, Yoongi quirked an eyebrow at her but was soon led down to sit against the lockers once again without a word being ushered at all.

"Are you.. okay?" Chaeyoung asked apprehensively, not wanting to rush into the main point she was trying to get at without easing into it first.

Yoongi sighed, leaning his head back against the locker as his eyes studied the intricate patterns on the school ceiling, "I guess, just kinda bummed that I can't go to your guys' dance comp. Which, by the way, sorry I can't make it cuz I was really excited to see you dance for the first time."

Chaeyoung offered him a soft smile, lingering her gaze a little longer before focusing her attention on the lockers in front of her.

Of course, she knew Yoongi was telling the truth. He was probably the most honest person she knew, especially when it came to things like this. His tone, stance, or simple posture gave away everything.

Yet, she could still sense some hidden reason that Yoongi wasn't telling; maybe it was the hurt tone in his voice, or just how well Chaeyoung read people without them having to tell her the absolute truth.

"Are you sure it's not cuz of someone else?" She asked quietly, though despite her rather soft spoken tone that never failed to make Yoongi relax at her calming voice, there was something powerful hidden beneath those layers.

Confidence.

The fact that she knew she was right.

And Yoongi knew it too.

But still, it took him off guard entirely. The way Chaeyoung phrased the question made Yoongi instantly catch on to who she was referring to, and it honestly scared him how his heart beat quickened just by the simple statement.

"I-" Yoongi flushed, too embarrassed to admit the truth which sounded a low chuckle from Chaeyoung, before she gently rested her dainty hand on his tensed shoulders just to give him a bit of reassurance.

And although Yoongi wanted more than anything to jump out of the nearest window or dig himself into a hole for the rest of eternity than rather admit everything about his feelings, he knew he could trust Chaeyoung with his heart and soul.

Even if he hasn't known her for nearly as long as the others, there was something almost nostalgic about her aura that made it seem like the two had been friends for their entire lives.

So if he were to spill out all his emotions to anyone, it would be her.

Emitting a defeated sigh, Yoongi turned his head ever so slightly just to match her friendly gaze staring right back at him, almost as if cheering him on to tell her something she already knew the answer to.

And maybe that's why Chaeyoung did it.

To make Yoongi admit his feelings to himself without any inch of regret or hesitation following afterwards; to finally unlock the cavern storing unknown truths that she had somehow already discovered.

At that moment, Yoongi finally the most at ease he's ever felt in a while.

So stripping away his pride and be-ridding those last strings of insecurities dangling above his head, he responded with a shaky, "How'd you know?"