𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝𝕖

[make sure you've read yesterday's chapter before continuing hehe 💞💞]

❤︎

Roaring music blasted from the outside, with the eight friends all piling out of the car and walking up towards the entrance with tickets and jackets in hand.

Adrenaline already rushed through their veins despite not even being in the building yet, fueling up their bodies with a newfound excitement and eagerness to dance on the dance floor and stuff their faces full with food while they were high off their asses.

"Oh my god they're playing Ariana Grande, someone get me in there!" Jungkook shrieked, dodging past all his startled friends once they were overcome with Jungkook's sudden rush of excitement.

Stifling their laughter, they all eventually made their way through the entrance after handing the people their tickets, before entering through the gym doors.

And right when they walked in, all their eyes lightened up with astonishment.

The place didn't even look like a gym anymore; with decorations draped from the high ceilings and disco balls casting flashy lights spiraling out onto the center of the floor into unthinkable designs and patterns. All of the girls' dresses clashed together, ranging from long to short, sequins to silk, and everything in between. The majority of guys' suits blended in, most of them being the traditional black on black tuxedo, but quite a few stood out as well with different color variations and accents mixed into it to spice things up a bit.

In simpler words, everyone looked absolutely stunning.

Hoseok couldn't tear us eyes away from the scene in front of him, well, that was until Yoongi grabbed his wrist and led him to where everyone else was already laying their stuff at on one of the tables draped over with a white table cloth and layered with fancy potted flowers and little candies aesthetically placed around the brim of it.

After they all placed their jackets down over the chairs, Namjoon immediately pulled everyone out onto the dance floor not wanting to waste one second of one of the most special nights of their entire lives.

Perhaps prom was overrated to some people, with the whole idea of it being cliché and only supposedly perfect in movies where one would of course meet the love of their life during it. But in that moment, while they were actually living it, the group not once ever felt let down or disappointed with it not living up their already high expectations.

In fact, it well exceeded them.

Sure, maybe at other schools prom was held at a more glamorous location, like a fancy hotel or ballroom of some sort. But with one glance, one wouldn't even tell if it was gymnasium or not where sweaty students ran through it and tossed balls to each other just days before.

Or even hours prior.

It had totally transformed, which is why no matter how many times any of the students blinked to test it they were dreaming or not, they always came back to the realization that this was indeed, just a normal gym that got a huge makeover overnight.

But without further hesitation, all eight friends rushed out onto the dance floor due to Namjoon's demands, whipping out their funkiest dance moves not really caring if other surrounding students were judging them or not. Because in that moment, none of them bothered dealing with their usual insecure selves that used internal devils stored within all of them to win over, to cast paranoias leaking through their minds until they finally gave in to temptations and went back to sheltering themselves from reality.

Though their bright demeanors destroyed all of that, stripped any last bit of worriment coursing through their veins and hid it beneath the deepest caverns of their bodies where no one else could reach, and where no anxious thought could escape from it.