𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

The beeping sound of an alarm clock rang throughout Hoseok's room the next morning, indicating that it was in fact the first day of high school.

Here we go, Hoseok thought as he stretched out his arms and rubbed his eyes to make himself awake.

Hastily getting ready to meet Taehyung and his sister to walk to school early, he quickly chose a simple outfit to wear. Before leaving his room, he glanced at himself in the mirror quickly parting his hair, and left with a satisfied "hmmph".

The delightful smell of freshly cooked breakfast and the sound of sizzling eggs was heard as Hoseok made his way down the steps, putting a smile on his face. Since his parents knew they were a bit nervous to start their first day of high school, they reassured them by cooking one of their favorite meals.

After a couple minutes, their food was gobbled down and and Hoseok was telling Dawon to get her stuff together and walk over.

Setting down his glass of milk and saying a final good bye to his parents, Hoseok nervously lifted his backpack over his shoulder and walked out onto the porch to walk over.

Taehyung and Eon Jin were already waiting for them on the porch, and greeted them with wide, boxy smiles and enthusiastic waves.

"Hey Hoseok and Dawon, you ready for your first day of school?"

"I sure hope so.", Hoseok said as he let out a small yet nervous laugh.

Taehyung, sensing his tension, wrapped his arm around his shoulder and said, "Don't worry, you'll get along with everyone just fine! The teachers also go easy on students on the first day."

This kind gesture immediately soothed Hoseok, already feeling relaxed as he had a friend going into the first day of school to guide him.

The rest of the walk consisted of casual conversation that kept their spirits uplifted. Any time there wasn't someone talking, it was just comfortable silence.

Before walking up the steps to the brick building, Hoseok inhaled and exhaled in order to prepare himself and appear more confident.

Taehyung noticed this, and quickly gave him a pat on the back and a reassuring smile.

Since Eon Jin and Dawon were only sophomores, they entered through the lowerclassman entrance as Taehyung and Hoseok entered in the upperclassman levels.

"Alright, looks like your locker is 3811, which is also near mine!", Taehyung said with a happy tone in his voice.

"Thats great :D!" Hoseok returned with the same energy.

After figuring out their locker combos, Taehyung led Hoseok around the high school going through his schedule class by class, which he was very thankful of since the school was on the more bigger side of the spectrum.

While walking through his schedule, Hoseok observed that Taehyung greeted a lot of people along the way, noticing that the boy was quite well-liked and popular.

Soon, the bell for first period run throughout the hallways, causing Taehyung to grab Hoseok's wrist to lead them to their first class, which they conveniently had together.

Walking in with his head slightly tilted down to avoid any eye contact, he found a seat next to Taehyung towards the back of the class.

"Oh, Hoseok I want you to meet Jimin! He sits at lunch with the rest of our friend group and also does dance as a hobby."

The pink-haired boy in front of him flashed him a smile that hid his eyes as he stretched his hand out for a handshake.

"Hi! I'm Jimin, its nice to meet you, Hoseok."

"Nice to meet you too.", he said with an anxious tone to his voice but nevertheless happy since this was the start of new friendships.

Quickly adjusting his glasses, Hoseok paid attention to their teacher's boring lecture and introduction for the rest of class.

••••

A period later, Hoseok walks into his third period class with a bit more self-assurance, since Jimin and Taehyung continuously encouraged him throughout first period.

Mindlessly staring at the ticking clock on the wall, he noticed that a boy with black curly hair and loose-fitted black clothes sat next to him.

Sending him a quick smile at the boy, he continued to doze off.

Half-way through class, Hoseok suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Hey, do you mind if I borrow a pencil really quick? Thanks!" the desk partner whispered.

"Oh, yeah sure.", he responded as he handed the boy a pencil.

"Mine name's Jungkook by the way, I like your shirt," he said through a smile that resembled a bunny.

"Thanks I like your shirt as well."

"Oh, it's my friend Taehyung's shirt, he always gets annoyed at me for stealing them though."

"Kim Taehyung? I know him too!", Hoseok's face enlightened since he felt like talking to new people was getting easier and easier.

"Yeah! He's annoying at times but you learn to love him.", Jungkook said through giggles.

A small smile was noticeably put on Hoseok's face during the remaining amount of class time, since he felt like he had made another friend.

••••

"Hey Hoseok, wait up!", Jungkook called from the back of the classroom as he was packing up his stuff.

Surprised that he heard someone call his name, Hoseok turned around to see Jungkook walking towards him while struggling to put on his backpack.

"What's your next class?", Jungkook asked.

"Oh I have English room 208, you?"

"Same! Wanna walk together?"

"Sure!"

A steady conversation was held while the two students walked to their next class they had together.

As they entered the small classroom, Hoseok recognized the pink hair from earlier this morning; belonging to Park Jimin.

"Hey, you're Jimin right? Taehyung introduced us earlier," Hoseok said with a friendly attitude.

"Oh yeah, you know Jungkook too?"

"Yep, we had the class before this together.", Jungkook said while patting Hoseok on the back, causing him to smile sheepishly.

After the three students chit chatted during the first few minutes of class all seated next to each other, the second bell soon rang as the teacher walked in to start the lesson.

Considering it's my first day at a new school, I think I'm doing pretty well, Hoseok thought, as he smiled to himself and continued listening to the teacher's lecture.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! Wishing you all the best <3

{Sorry for the shorter chapter, next updates will be longer()*:・゚}