𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

[A/N: ok so unlike last chapter, this one is much heavier, so just take precaution towards reading it <3 though nothing particularly harmful is mentioned, it's just explaining Yoongi's thought process more in depth and how he's extremely mad at himself for several reasons]

✈︎ ☁︎︎ ✈︎ ☁︎︎ ✈︎ ☁︎︎

Staring.

Hoseok's eyes trailed after Chul.

Every.

Single.

Day.

Every sixth period, in the halls, at lunch.

Everywhere.

Though, who was Yoongi to tell him to stop? He knew the boy was trying, he knew it wasn't his fault, and he had already warned him.

At least Hoseok wasn't initiating any type of verbal communication with Chul, so in a way, Yoongi was grateful.

A bit of eye contact never hurt anyone, right?

Wrong.

It hurt Yoongi.

Because in those eyes, in those eyes that he found so, so, captivating and break-taking in absolutely every single way possible, held such a foreign look of admiration that Yoongi had never seen before.

He wouldn't call it love, because of course it wasn't love.

After all, it was just some stupid temporary high school crush, not nearly as strong as an emotion as that.

Not nearly as powerful, or affectionate.

No where near that.

Though, that didn't really matter.

Because it was still some mild form of attraction.

For no reason really, mostly based off of physical appearance and the few false perceptions he had only personally seen of him.

So, Yoongi couldn't necessarily blame him. Since he had fallen for that too.

Not romantically, but he was a gullible and stupid freshman who gave all his trust into the guy that promised a secure and lasting friendship.

Who did nothing but send Yoongi a charming smile that sparked this new found hope inside him, which caused Yoongi to completely let his guard down and offer everything he had to Chul.

But with one snap of a finger, he snatched it away.

Just like that.

Chul took it from him; all the loyalty and built up companionship formed between the two, and used it to his own benefit.

For his own advantage.

So, it made sense why Yoongi had this somewhat formed resentment towards Chul.

Though, I wouldn't really call it resentment, since Yoongi hated holding grudges or disliking people for 'stupid' reasons.

It was something on the brim of hatred; a feeling tempted to creep in to that trespassed area and just dip its toes in to the water.

Into the pool of loathing.

But Yoongi wouldn't let himself be that shallow and form those stupid and unnecessary strong emotions built entirely up with rage.

Letting those emotions run wild with no barrier to stop or control them whatsoever.

He wouldn't let those insecurities gobble him up in such a way that it would negatively have an effect on others.