𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕙𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕟𝕖

January 1st.

A fresh start to a new year full of new opportunities, adventures, chances to discover things you wouldn't have even thought to pursue with first glance.

But that's what the new year is all about.

In fall of last year, Hoseok and Yoongi weren't expecting to pursue a romantic relationship, hell they weren't even expecting to become friends.

But here we are, the early evening of January first of the new year, with Hoseok and Yoongi cuddled up on the couch with two mugs of hot chocolate in their hands as a Christmas movie played in the background.

Yes, although it was well past Christmas and the stores no longer had up their festive decorations or filled with toasted vanilla and cranberry scents, Hoseok and Yoongi still settled on watching Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer since it was a holiday classic and you could never go wrong with that.

Life really does drop the biggest and most unexpected surprises on you when least expected, whether it be fortunate or unfortunate. For Yoongi and Hoseok, it was probably the best thing to ever happen to them, and once their wall of insecurities crumbled down to reveal a new layer of confidence, their happiness was finally grasped in the palm of their hands.

And it wouldn't be escaping anytime soon.

"You wanna bet five dollars I can jump higher than Rudolph?" Hoseok gambled, slipping out of Yoongi's tight hold which emitted a series of whines from him from of the lack of warmth that was once heating up his body.

"Huh? Hoseok— he's a fucking reindeer."

"And? You're a cat so I don't see your point," Hoseok tried to argue, holding up a finger in protest.

"That doesn't—never mind," Yoongi sighed in return, merely rolling his eyes from Hoseok's childish antics, "but I'm not paying you."

A small pout formed on Hoseok's lips from the refusal to partake in his little bet, but he was stubborn so he persisted anyways completely ignoring that side comment of Yoongi's.

"That's fine," he smiled simply, casting a confused look on Yoongi's features since it contrasted the more sorrowful look only seconds earlier. But, he just shrugged it off and averted his eyes back to the television where Rudolph was currently getting bullied by the other reindeers.

Though what he wasn't expecting was when a very annoyed Hoseok practically kneed him at his hip bone when aggressively jumping onto his lap with so much force that Yoongi was sure he had broken something. Not to mention how the impact was a bit too close to his private area for his liking, only resulting in more pain.

It wasn't pleasant.

"When you said you were going to jump, I didn't think you'd mean on me," Yoongi winced, voice coming out more hoarse than usual since pain still trickled throughout his entire body.

Hoseok leaned back, gripping Yoongi's shoulders with his hands tightly and looking him straight in the eye, "That's what you get for not accepting my bet, meanie," he scoffed dramatically, finally hopping off of Yoongi's lap and walking towards the kitchen.

"Five dollars wouldn't get you much anyway," Yoongi shouted after him, making sure to accentuate his voice to ensure Hoseok heard him clearly.

"Well, maybe not something useful but five dollars goes a long way at 7-eleven," he retorted back defensively, sticking his tongue out at Yoongi who seemed overall quite amused about the entire thing. After all, neither one of them were actually angry or offended at one another, little silly bickers like this were mainly for their own amusement and entertainment anyways.

It was all just for fun and games.

"Then there's taxes."

"The candy bars there are really cheap."

"Sure."

"Fuck you."

"Fuck capitalism, is what you meant," Yoongi cheekily winked, earning a scoff from Hoseok in return who pretended to throw up over the garbage can near the kitchen sink.

"You wanna know what—" Hoseok was about to say, though quickly decided against it since he couldn't think of a good enough comeback and settled on staying silent, giving Yoongi the satisfaction of winning their playful argument.

Though still, even with the small smile that formed on his lips from the whole ordeal, that didn't mean Yoongi's aching pains magically disappeared from his body. 

"There goes any chances of me having children," Yoongi breathed, crouching down into a fetal position to ease some of the pain and early bruises.

One tip: never undermine Hoseok's strength.

The man has extremely bony knees.

Thankfully, Hoseok didn't hear that little side comment since it was whispered in a hush tone, plus the distance from the kitchen and living room was great enough to create some length between the the two.

But he did see Yoongi crouching down and hugging himself, which he quirked an eyebrow at curiously since the boy was obviously hurting in some way.

"Umm, are you okay?" Hoseok chuckled, walking out from the kitchen and plopping back down next to Yoongi on the couch who was still bent over.

"Peachy."

✈︎   ☁︎︎   ✈︎   ☁︎︎   ✈︎

"Alright," Jimin began, pacing back and forth in his kitchen with Taehyung's eyes trailing after him curiously, arms crossed over his chest with his back leaning against the kitchen island, "I think we should set the two up for a little date," he suggested with a grin, now facing Taehyung face to face who matched his expression with a smirk.

"I like it, what should we do?"

"Isn't there that cute little breakfast place only ten minutes away from here?"

Taehyung nodded, urging him to continue.

"What if we made a reservation under Hobi's name for the two, but told him we were meeting him there instead? And then we say the same thing to Yoongi but leave out the Hobi's name part," he proposed thoughtfully, searching for any type of reaction from his friend across from him.

Then, it came.

Taehyung's face lit up at the clever idea, immediately jumping out of the high chair and started shaking Jimin's shoulders aggressively with the elder forming a huge headache from the action.

"Jimin," Taehyung gasped, "have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"Umm well yesterday you said you wanted to shove a celery stick up my ass, and then the day before that you threatened to chop off my dick if I didn't like your Instagram post."

A light feather laugh left Taehyung's lips, nonchalantly latching an arm around his best friend's shoulders who just stared at him expectantly, "We all have different ways of expressing our love, Park."

"If that's love then what the fuck is hate?" Jimin asked, clearly baffled by how casual Taehyung seemed about all of this.

"That's for me to know, and you to find out."

"Wha-"

"Anyways," Taehyung interrupted, clearing his throat, "let's call up Dawon, shall we?"

❤︎

🍓the Cupids are back in business 😌😼💅
🍼thank you for reading!! ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ and chapter 102 is already up as well! <33
🍓editor/assistant: jiminie_cricket_