𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

Jung Hoseok.

It's amusing how just in a span of a few weeks, Yoongi's reaction and subtle opinion regarding that name has totally flipped.

Every single time he heard someone mention the younger's name, whether it be Hoseok tagging along, or just the teacher simply calling for attendance, Yoongi was tempted to pull his hair out or scream bloody murderer right then and there.

His friends were even concerned how often Yoongi rolled his eyes whenever Hoseok was around, Taehyung even started teasing that they'd get stuck in the back of his head at one point.

Which wouldn't be all that surprising.

The annoyingly high pitched voice talking non stop, his jittery movements and constant bursts of energy, his clinginess and touchiness, and just how loud he could be.

It all had driven Yoongi nuts.

Past perfect tense: had driven.

Not anymore though, because somehow a miracle occurred and all those negative perceptions and connotations of the younger have completely vanished into thin air.

As if none of it existed.

As if Yoongi totally didn't want to push the younger off a cliff every time he even so came into his eye view, or have this evident grudge spiraling out of control.

Because as soon as he found one tiny thing to dislike about the boy, he found another, and another, and so on and so on. Finding more things to dislike about him was almost like a hobby.

And even though Yoongi was constantly reminded of his former cold and rude behavior towards Hoseok, he tried his best not to dwell on it. Which may sound selfish, but overly assessing it only clouded his positive opinions about him in the present moment, or distracted him from the fact that they were now actually really good friends.

After all, he's done enough dwelling in his time.

But putting all past resentment and bitterness aside, Yoongi actually loved being around Hoseok.

In fact, whenever he wasn't in the near presence of the brunet, the only thoughts crossing his mind would consist of the next time he would get to see him. It may come off as creepy to the ordinary person, but Yoongi genuinely enjoyed having him as a friend.

And plus, unlike the others, Yoongi had missed out on the opportunity for several weeks of the school year.

Unarguably one of his biggest regrets.

So now that the two were on good terms with one another, Yoongi made sure to value and not take for granted any second of it.

Which is why Yoongi always sat next to Hoseok at lunch, purposely bumped into him in the hallway just to squeeze even the smallest of small talk in before the bell would ring and separate the two, went to his locker every morning before first period and after school before last period, and even asked him to casually hang out at times.

But Yoongi didn't think much of it.

And neither did Hoseok.

He just simply couldn't get enough of the fiery, bubbly, and vibrant brunet. It was like a daily dose of medicine, or vitamins that people were required to take.

Hoseok was like his vitamin.

Giving Yoongi his day-to-day energy supplement and ensuring that only happy feelings swelled up inside him.

100% effective.

That's why every morning, before Yoongi hopped on the train to school, he would literally pray that Hoseok would show up that day. Because that lanky, smiley, and fluffy brown-haired boy was the only thing keeping Yoongi motivated and energized.