𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕠

A couple weeks passed since the Jung family moved into their new home. Most of their furniture from their previous was in place where they wanted it to be, setting a homely and cozy atmosphere among them. All four of them however were still unpacking miscellaneous items around the house, such as kitchen supplies and things for their bedroom.

High school would be starting for both of them at in unfamiliar building with mysterious new people. Hoseok was much more nervous than Dawon, since insecurities frequently got the best of him at times and other people's perspectives of him took over. It also didn't help that their mom was constantly telling them to make friends with the neighbors living across the street. Her impatience soon got the best of her that day.

"Hoseok, Dawon!"

"Yess??" they both called from their respective rooms.

"I talked to the neighbors living across the street from us, and it turns out they have two kids your age who are attending the same high school as you guys. I want you to bake cookies and bring them over and introduce yourselves, okay?"

"Okayyy mom," they both groaned.

Meeting new people wasn't necessarily something Hoseok dreaded, but the concept of first impressions did send nervous shivers down his spine. The idea of coming off as annoying or weird at first glance sent off anxious thoughts spiraling throughout his mind. Nonetheless, it would be quite convenient if he already knew someone going into his first day of high school, so he considered himself rather lucky.

After finishing getting ready, Hoseok made a quick breakfast and then set off to bake the cookies for their neighbors. The delicious aroma of the golden, crunchy cookies filled the kitchen as Hoseok took the pan out of the oven. After letting them cool for a bit, he got ready with his sister Dawon to offer them to his neighbors.

While they were walking to their neighbor's house, Hoseok couldn't help but be a little on the edge. They sounded like a lovely family, but his hands still trembled as he held the container full of cookies.

Stepping foot on their porch, the sound of the doorbell went off as they heard a dog's bark echo throughout the house. A jolly middle-aged woman came to answer the door, a very happy smile plastered across her face that immediately calmed Hoseok and reassured him of his worries.

"Hello, I'm Hoseok, and this is my sister Dawon. Are you Mrs. Kim?", Hoseok said with his best posture and making sure to use his best manners when speaking to an elder.

"Yes I am! I talked to your mother earlier about how my son and daughter are coincidentally attending the same high school as both of you", she said through a heartwarming smile and a honey-like voice.

At that moment, Mrs. Kim called both her son and daughter to introduce themselves to the Jung siblings.

A few seconds later, the sound of footsteps trotting down their staircase could be heard from the porch. Hoseok's breath hitched to prepare a conversation beforehand, just to prevent any awkwardness.

A boy Hoseok's age appeared, with big dark eyes and head of curly black hair. Almost instantly a boxy smile appeared on his face, as he held out a hand for Hoseok to shake.

"Hi! I'm Taehyung, and this is my sister Eon Jin. We heard you guys were also attending the same school as us", Taehyung spoke through a wide smile that made it hard to see his eyes. The picture itself made Hoseok much less nervous, since the overall vibes he sensed were kind and bubbly.

"Yes, we are! I'm Hoseok and this is my younger sister, Dawon".

At that moment Eon Jin and Dawon exchanged friendly smiles with each other as Hoseok offered them the batch of cookies he made earlier.

"Also, we thought you and your family might like to try some of our homemade cookies, from one family to another," Hoseok said through subtle giggles as he handed Taehyung the box.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you! They smell amazing," he expressed through an astonished look on his face as he took the lid off of the container and sniffed the cookies.

"Me and my sister can walk you guys to school a bit early tomorrow morning, just to show you around and help you with your schedule if you'd like."

"Sure! Thank you so much that would be great."

After a few more moments of friendly conversation, the Jung siblings soon said their goodbyes with small hugs and cheerful expressions planted on their faces.

"They were really nice, huh?" Dawon said through a grinning smile.

"Yeah they were, Taehyung seems so sweet."

Both siblings, satisfied with the encounter with their new neighbors, happily strolled back to their house. A gentle breeze rustled their hair, as a few birds chirped in the background and the scent of flowers flooded the air. It was overall a very nice day to be outside since the weather was quite pleasant and warm.

     ╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

Once entering the house, their mom bombarded them with about a million questions which left Hoseok annoyed before reassuring her that everything went well and that Taehyung and his sister were very nice. Satisfied with their responses, she ordered them to finish unpacking their clothes and school supplies since they would be attending their new school tomorrow.

Skipping up the stairs, Hoseok went to finish unpacking everything in his room. Amongst unpacking all of his things, he stumbled upon some polaroids and letters his friends from back home gave him. Letting out a sigh and running a hand through his dark brown hair, Hoseok sat on his bed once again going through the old memories his friends had left with him.

Polaroids from trips they had taken together, hanging out at local cafes, and goofy selfies built up a feeling of nostalgia in the pit of his stomach. The letters didn't particularly help lift his mood either, since they were so well written with paragraphs and paragraphs of their best memories spent together and the values of their friendship.

A knock on his door suddenly interrupted his thoughts while he was reading the letters and looking through old photos.

"Mom and Dad want you to help us with dinner", she stated through a cheeky grin as she left the door open and walked downstairs.

Hoseok groaned but stood up anyway, quickly putting on a hoodie as he made his way downstairs after his younger sister.

"Hoseokie, would you mind putting on some music for us while we cook dinner?"

"Sure," he responded happily since his family rarely let him play his playlist out loud in the house.

As merry music blasted through his phone speakers, Hoseok's mood uplifted as his family sung along to the songs and dancing to the tunes.

Bubbles of laughter were heard all throughout the house and even the neighborhood, filling the empty night with sounds of joy.

Swaying from side to side and closing his eyes while stirring a pot of soup, Hoseok and his sister sung the lyrics to Break My Stride.

      ╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

Jumping into his warm blankets with a happy smile on his face, Hoseok went to bed that night with a positive mindset for the next day.

Maybe it won't be that bad after all.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! ☺️💖🦋🌸🌈
Is anyone watching BangBangCon? 👀