𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

Where the fuck is he?

He's been gone for over ten minutes now.. Hoseok anxiously tilted his head towards the plain, black-rimmed clock on the wall as the second and minute hand practically moved in slow motion.

Almost as if to purposely torture him more than the situation already was.

If Yoongi had taken his backpack, which had his phone, Hoseok wouldn't waste one minute in contemplating whether to send a worried text or not. Even if it meant risking getting caught or getting his phone taken away as punishment for disobeying one of the school's biggest rules.

Because he didn't care, especially if it meant his friend was in possible danger or harm.

Yet that was his mind speaking, right?

Yoongi wasn't in danger- right?

Just the usual excessive overthinking that Hoseok went through on the daily, making out any situation to be much more serious than it really is.

But something about it didn't sit right with him.

Like a gut feeling that wouldn't go away, no matter how hard he tried at focusing on whatever the fuck the teacher was writing on the board in that moment. Yet it all became a fuzzed blur, not letting his eyes detect any sense of reality beyond his own made up fantasy.

And just then, interrupting his constant glancing back and forth between the clock and the teacher and hazed thoughts, Min Yoongi nervously entered the classroom, cautiously closing the door behind him.

"Ah, look who decided to come back to class," the teacher shook her head playfully, before turning back to the board.

"Hope you weren't vaping back there," she mumbled, her hands dragging against the chalkboard in front of her writing down one of the problems from last night's assignment.

Completely unfazed by the commentary and even the subtle glances all poking in his direction as if he was some unsolved mystery or treasure waiting to be unlocked, Yoongi just bowed his head down entirely and continued to sheepishly fumble with his fingers.

Not even shooting a look at Hoseok beside him, whose beautiful honeydew eyes were filled with pools of genuine of care and worriment.

No, Yoongi's eyes just kept on staring down towards his jittery hands, completely ignoring all of his surroundings.

Whether it be intentionally or accidentally, he didn't care.

Because those minor details or subconscious reasonings didn't matter at the moment.

He didn't even spare a glance at the utterly heartbroken stare Hoseok gave him, who never, even for a second, ripped his eyes away from the elder beside him. Even if it was the subtlest of glances, Hoseok, not once, focused then back towards the teacher during the remaining class time.

Because a simple lesson was much less valuable than the current mind state of one of his best friends.

Of one of the people whom he cared about most.

Of one of the people he took the most time thinking about.

Because although romantic feelings weren't really involved, he still dreamt and thought about him almost constantly.

And now, there was one more reason added onto that long list as to why.

☺︎︎☺︎︎☺︎︎

"Yoongi! Wait up, please," Hoseok begged, hurriedly zipping up his backpack before dashing towards the boy who was about to disappear into the abyss that was their insanely crowded hallways.