𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕪 𝕤𝕚𝕩

In all honesty, nothings' particularly changed between Hoseok and Yoongi, despite them both personally acknowledging their feelings for one another.

It was still that same bubbly, giggly, and lighthearted atmosphere floating above both of them with the occasional and barely noticeable flirts, even if it was completely subconscious and just happened to slip in amongst a casual conversation.

Perhaps it was because neither of them knew the other reciprocated these confusing feelings, and just assumed that it was a one-way crush kind of friendship. So with this mindset, everything was still normal and nothing got awkward as one would predict it would in the beginning stages of romance.

Which took Hoseok by surprise, since he thought there would be this weird tension between them both once he sorted out all his feelings, but was very content with the fact that he was still able to converse as freely as they normally would.

All because he was convinced Yoongi didn't feel the same way about him.

Much like how Yoongi felt about the entire situation as well, and has since October.

But it was now the first week of December, with the dance competition only being two weeks away and winter break following up right after that.

So near, yet so so far since everyone still had to undergo the horrendous process of cramming in all your studies in preparation for the finals.

Thankfully, all eight of them have been meeting up at the café every weekend for afternoon study sessions. Which seemed to be very effective and much more productive than studying by yourself, since some of them would tutor others or help on any specific homework assignment or specific categories in a subject.

Other than that, there hasn't been a huge alter in anyone's schedule other than extra dance practices for Chaeyoung, Jimin, and Hoseok, meaning even less free time than they already had to begin with.

Regardless of how much it may have sucked, not one of them complained since they knew it was vital for a good performance and to achieve a possible victory. And somehow, all three managed to balance both dance and studying within their weeks without appearing like a zombie the next day at school.

Everything was going moderately well, maybe more stressful and nerve-wracking than usual, but nothing too unbearable got in the way of that.

And now that Chul was mostly out of the picture, since he couldn't risk messing with them again in order to avoid any other types of punishment, they had nothing else to worry about other than improving dance technique and getting ready to ace all their exams.

But amidst all their busy lives and preparations, everyone in the group still managed to brighten the others' days. Even from the smallest joke or compliment, a smile never failed to crack on their friends' faces since they'd take anything in order to reduce their raging stress levels. The atmosphere instantly became lighter with this more positive attitude, temporarily taking away the reminder that finals were approaching.

Of course, Yoongi was more than thankful to have a friend like Hoseok during a time like this, since his heart shaped smile was extremely intoxicating, not to mention that feathery and lighthearted laugh that practically sent Yoongi flying every time he heard it.

It was enough to strip away any thought regarding finals week, only filling his mind to the brim with replays of Hoseok laughing or smiling, or maybe even hugging him depending on the situation that day.

But let's be real, Hoseok hugged him nearly every day, and even when the moment ended, his warm touch and vanilla scent still lingered on Yoongi's body, sending tingles trailing down his backside and blissful shots of adrenaline running through his bloodstream from the simplest touch. With every hug that Hoseok offered to Yoongi, it was almost like a daily dose of medicine or a happy pill if you may call it.

It never left behind any negative thoughts, or distracted him from his lessons at school.

But only brightened up his day just a bit, which was all he really needed.

✈︎   ☁︎︎   ✈︎   ☁︎︎   ✈︎

Hoseok tried to focus on the lesson.

He really did.

But his mind wouldn't let him, always leading him back to his now frosty-haired desk partner sitting beside him in sixth period, who was currently wearing those big round glasses that somehow managed to make him look even cuter and softer than usual.

Which did not help the situation whatsoever, being that Hoseok's eyes kept subconsciously trailing back and forth between his desk mate and the teacher not being able to choose a focus point.

Perfect timing to develop a crush, Hoseok mentally cursed at himself, not even noticing how he was stabbing a pencil into his thigh as his stare was solely focused on the chalkboard in front of him.

However, Yoongi managed to catch a glimpse of this, and carefully took Hoseok's hand in his and placed the younger's on his own desk just to save Hoseok from getting pencil marks on his grey sweatpants.

Or hurt himself, for the rather.

Thankfully, Yoongi didn't notice when Hoseok's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink from the unexpected contact, nor how his leg started bouncing from giddiness.

All he did was stifle a laugh from the memory of Hoseok stabbing his thigh, and focus his mind back on the topic being taught at that current moment.

No matter how distracting his desk partner was, who had his hoodie pulled all the way over his curly brown locks and tied loosely, making him resemble a little bear or some sort, Yoongi still kept his attention forwards despite how tempting it was to sneak a peek at Hoseok next to him.

But having a crush on someone for almost two months had trained him well, with learning how to limit those side thoughts or sly glances towards Hoseok.

While the brunet on the other hand, was still new to all these new roaring feelings blazing up inside him, not one cell in his whole body focusing on anything else other than Yoongi. Which, unfortunately didn't help his chances on doing well on the finals but he truly was making an effort.

Though of course the aggressive thumping inside his chest never seized to stop whenever around the elder, especially this past week following after the meet up with Taehyung and Jimin.

Because now he was past that stage of denial, stubbornness, or plain out cluelessness regarding his whole crush. And although those three things were annoying to deal with, as they often lead to a straining series of overthinking, it was the sole thing keeping him from losing his train of thought during classes.

Sure, Hoseok's spaced out a few times here and there thinking about Yoongi, but it was always in a platonic way and nothing too dramatic that stuck with him the rest of the day.

At least he was convinced it was.

But now, now that he knew for sure about his crush, it was like paying attention wasn't even an option anymore, despite of how much he's yelled at his brain to tell him to stop or the countless amount of times he's forced his eyes to stay forward.

Yet it always led back to Yoongi.

Even with the simplest of eye contact, lasting from a millisecond or to a full on minute, every inch of Hoseok's body felt like it was on fire, the burning sensation spreading to every part of his insides and not leaving any spot untouched. Not necessarily a bad feeling, but not the most pleasant to deal with when he was supposed to be learning test taking strategies to ensure that he wouldn't fail the second trimester of the school year.

He was just hoping these untamable feelings would stay under control for the time being until test taking season began, only a couple weeks worth away.

Then afterwards, he'd have the whole of winter break to relax, not having to worry about calming these new emotions exploding throughout his body.

Or at least that's what he thought anyways.

✈︎   ☁︎︎   ✈︎   ☁︎︎   ✈︎

🍓ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
🍼thank you for reading!! <3
🍓editor/assistant: jiminie_cricket_