𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

If he was being completely honest, Hoseok wasn't even exactly sure why he had asked Yoongi that question on Friday night.

Of course, a classic game of Truth or Dare usually always consisted of some romantic factors, whether it be to kiss the person to your right or exposing who your crush is.

So perhaps, to anyone else, it would've seemed like Hoseok just took that particular route when it came to asking Yoongi.

But deep down, there was an underling reason as to why he really asked.

And he was still itching to find that hidden answer, buried deep down beneath all his thoughts acting as barriers and keeping him from figuring out the truth that he oh so desired to unlock.

It was a weird thing to think about; how fast Hoseok's perception of Yoongi changed in the past few days. Now don't get me wrong, he always loved spending time with Yoongi and considered him one of his closest friends at school. The two never hesitated on sharing their deepest darkest secrets with one another, or becoming vulnerable in telling one another their biggest insecurities.

He had always found Yoongi simply enthralling.

But, now there was something extra added onto his already very high opinion about him, something that made Hoseok see Min Yoongi differently.

It was like a sudden ping of realization, although he wasn't really sure of what that realization was; but one thing for certain was that he most definitely viewed him more prominently than the rest.

Which, he wasn't sure how to feel about that since he obviously loved all seven of his closest friends equally, of course.

So if it wasn't in that kind of sense, then what was it?

"Hobi!" Taehyung screeched in his ear, causing his friend to flinch as it brought Hoseok out of his dazed trance, turning his head towards a rather agitated Taehyung.

"Oh, hey," he managed out meekly, offering a sheepish smile which Taehyung only quirked an eyebrow at, "Don't 'hey' me sir- you weren't even listening to me because of god knows what," he huffed angrily, stomping aggressively against the snow-covered sidewalk.

"I'm sorry," Hoseok offered genuinely, giving his friend a warm smile, "I was just — thinking about something."

Rolling his eyes, Taehyung exhaled a large breath of air before complying and hugging his friend in return, to which Hoseok graciously accepted by wrapping his arms around Taehyung's waist.

"What were you thinking about?" Taehyung inquired suspiciously, releasing from the hug to cross his arms against his chest.

"Dance conception," Hoseok lied, pursing his lips as guilt swallowed him up inside him, since he hated nothing more than lying to his friends, especially someone as close to him as Taehyung who had been there for him since the very beginning and through thick and thin.

A part of him wanted to rant to the younger about all these new confusing feelings, but his shy and fearful side would always win over his confident one no matter what, whether he liked it or not. But he just knew that Taehyung would be the perfect person to go for for advice, since he was his first real friend and understood him better than anybody.

And Hoseok really did want to.

But what was stopping him?

His crippling nervousness about the entirety of the situation? Or the fear that people would judge him for it?

Letting out a breathless sigh, Hoseok just hung his head low in defeat.

Maybe another time.

"Oh yeahhh! Me and the others really wanna go to that and support our favorite icons," Taehyung smiled cheekily, latching his arm around Hoseok's shoulders lazily.

"Ah," Hoseok blushed, "you really don't have to-"

But Hoseok was quickly cut off when a very dedicated Taehyung took him by the shoulders harshly and stared at him dead in the eye, "Don't even start with me young man" he threatened, though Hoseok couldn't help but crack a smile at his enthusiasm, "we are going whether you like it or not."

"Thank you, that's sweet of you Tae Tae," he confessed shyly, a light rosy pigment creeping up onto his cheeks.

"Mhm," Taehyung hummed, "when is it by the way? Just so we can reserve tickets in time."

"Like the second or third week of December right before Christmas. But don't worry about not being able to get tickets, since the auditorium we booked for it is really big plus there won't be that large of an audience. You can probably just buy them door front."

Taehyung nodded at this, absorbing all the information in his brain to ensure he wouldn't forget for future references.

Then, out of no where, a smirk made its way up to Taehyung's lip as he turned his head around to face Hoseok, "Is Yoongi gonna be there?"

Hoseok whipped his head around at the mention of Yoongi, who had only occupied his very frazzled brain just moments before. Biting his lip anxiously, he just brushed off the thought, "I dunno, why?"

"No reason."

Furrowing an eyebrow at this, Hoseok asked, "No really, tell me. You never bring up stuff randomly unless it's important."

But being the stubborn that friend he is, Taehyung only shrugged, adding on to the amount of frustration Hoseok was already feeling at the moment since there was nothing more that he hated than not fully understanding something or being ignored.

"C'monnnn," Hoseok whined, jumping onto Taehyung's back to get the younger to tell him, yet to no avail since even his childish threats wouldn't convince Taehyung enough, being that the boy was extremely strong-willed and never gave in to temptations.

"Shhhh I'm trying to listen to the little birdies chirping," Taehyung replied sarcastically, bringing a hand up to his ear as if trying to hear them.

"And I'm trying to listen to my conscience that's telling me something's up," Hoseok argued back, wrapping both arms around Taehyung's neck as his friend underneath him struggled at carrying his weight on the walk to school.

"Tragic," Taehyung pouted, fake sadness lacing his tone as more frustrated groans slipped from Hoseok's parted lips.

Though, despite the amount of exasperation Hoseok felt at that moment towards his rather annoying and irritating friend, he eventually let the subject go which only sent his mind into a spiral of curiosity and wonders of what the heck Taehyung was even referring to by the question, "Is Yoongi gonna be there?"

Little did he know, the answer to his piles of questions trailing after Taehyung's spontaneous one, was only concealed beneath a thick layer of foolishness and ignorance, but with a little bit of digging and a reality check, Hoseok was surely going to find it at some point.

Though perhaps he had already found it, not even realizing or becoming aware of the fact that he had.

✈︎ ☁︎︎ ✈︎ ☁︎︎ ✈︎

🍓thank you for reading!! ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ
🍼hope you enjoyed uwu <3  also idk if that made sense like at all so if ur confused just lmk 😚💖💖
🍓editor/assistant: jiminie_cricket_