Hanahaki: Mitsuo X Anthony

This was one of the requests which I found challenging to do. All I can say for this chapter is to be prepared.

Hanahaki Disease: Born from unrequited love where the victim regurgitates and coughs up flower petals. The illness can only be cured through surgical removal, however, any existing romantic feelings are also removed with the infection

<Anthony's POV>

I barge into (Name)'s room as soon as I saw her on her ground, a hand covering her mouth and the other around her neck. There are so many flower petals on the ground, "(Name), (Name), hey," I say as I'm on my knees in front of her. My hands on her shoulder so that I can get her to look at me as she has her eye close shut as she kept coughing the petals.

A couple of seconds later, (Name) has calmed down. She looks at me with teary eyes as she lowers the hand that was covering her mouth, there are so many petals... "You're right you know..." (Name) says softly as she raises her head to look at me.

She smiles at me weakly, "It really does hurt like a bitch," she tells me which made me chuckle and tear up a little.

"It does doesn't it?" I say as I place my forehead on hers.

After a couple of minutes, I have her on her bed, wrap around a blanket as I clean up the petals before her cousin or father or anyone sees it. I look at her and see her hugging herself. I can tell she's lost in thought, how she's overthinking herself.

I'm worried about her, I want to tell her that it's going to be okay, that she'll get used to it but you can't get used to it. It gets worse and worse each time you cough up the petals. This is an illness, an illness that can only be cured through surgical removal or any existing romantic feelings towards the person you long for.

But without doing either, the petals will worsen and soon there will be too many that it will cover your lungs and you'll eventually suffocate and die.

(Name), she's in love with a man she can't be with. She's in a one-sided love and even though she has the money or the hospital and doctors to get it those out of her lungs but she doesn't want to, not yet at least.

When it first started it, I have warned her about it and how it hurt like a bitch but I feel like she's not getting the surgery because of me. Because I won't get it.

I'm also in a one-sided love with someone who I can't call mine and the petals are slowly killing me. For me, it going to the point where it, not just petals but blood as well and there are times where I'm having trouble breathing and I could cough out the petals but it doesn't stop.

No one knows I'm like this except (Name). When she found out, she demanded me to tell her who it was, who I long for, who won't return the feelings and when I told her, she cried... She hugged me and cried and begged me to get the surgery but I told her I won't.

I couldn't get the surgery, not yet at least. Not until it gets to the point where I can't take it anymore but (Name)... I would have imagined her suffering it. And to a point that she fell in love with a guy who's outside of the family, someone from a completely different world. She might have a chance though, if she confesses, the feelings might be returned and she won't suffer it anymore but she won't confess.

But I don't want her to suffer, she's my best friend and I love her so much which is why I going to end this one-sided love for her...

.

.

.

"Dude! You really need to keep your eyes to yourself!" Mitsuo tells me while laughing as he puts his arm around my shoulder.