Chapter 18: Love?

"Hey" Delphini smiled. "Hey" Draco said back, looking like he wanted to be alone. "How are you?" she questioned. "Fine, why?" 

"What do you mean 'why' I'm asking how you are it's not weird it's normal" Delphini said taken back by his answer.  "You've literally never asked me how I am before." Draco glared back. "Okay I bloody well wont ask you again, sorry for asking." she said in a huff. "That's more like it." Draco said, finally alone again.

Delphini went and sat alone at a table not to far away from where Draco was seated in the library. Harry  and Ron were in detention for not doing homework and Hermione was ill in bed in the common room.

"What are you reading?" she heard someone  asked her a couple of minutes later. Delphini look up and see Draco. "You wont like it." she replied not looking up. "Why do you think that?" He questioned. Delphini put her book down and looked up, immediately looking into his eyes. "It's a book about Romance and Love."

"Why don't you think I read about romance? I'm a very romantic person." Draco continued to say, like he was boasting.

"Yeah your right?" Delphini said sarcastically and she began to laugh which made him laugh too. This is the first time Delphini had actually seen him smile and laugh. He immediately stopped when he noticed she was watching.  "Don't stop smiling, you've got a cute smile." she said picking up her book again. "You know you never told me what you were reading." Draco said softly.  

"Romeo and Juliet" the Gryfindor responded. "I've never heard of that." Draco said sitting closer to her. "That's because it's a muggle book and your kind don't like to associate yourselves with them."

"Oh" Draco said intrigued. "Read me some." "Please."

Delphini began to read. However, she was immediately interrupted.  "This is sloppy, boring love, when are they going to do something interesting." Draco moaned. "At the end, Juliet pretends to die, Romeo thinks she's actually dead so he kills himself, Juliet wakes up and see's Romeo dead so she kills herslef." Delphini said sadly. "Can we skip to that part?" Draco said excitedly. Did this boy just say that. Delphini just laughed. "No"

"Please" Draco said almost begging. "Fine" Delphini said giving in. She skipped to that part and spent the next hour reading 'Romeo and Juliet the tragedy scene' to Draco Malfoy. Who would've thought? "I like that book"

 "I thought you would." They then both heard the bell ring. "I've got to go check on Hermione, she's been throwing up all day. Sorry you didn't need to know that." she said awkwardly. "We'd be good together don't you think?" Draco said as Delphini turned to leave the room. "No" she replied smirking. "Why?" 

"Because I'll break your heart." she replied.  "Maybe I'll break yours"

"Nobody breaks my heart." she said, looking straight into his eyes. Draco just smiled. God she just loved his smile. Delphini smiled back.