Chapter 19: The Astronomy Tower

The classes had just ended for the day and Delphini was going to head to the common room to catch up with some overdue homework, but unaware, she kept walking to the Astronomy Tower. She liked to watch the view when it was getting dark as she could see for miles.

The Astronomy tower was always peaceful as it was always almost empty. Even though Delphini found out that she was Voldermort's daughter over two years ago, she always felt like it was new to her. This past year had been the hardest of her life. You discovered you had all these strange powers and nearly everyone in the school would whisper things as you walked past. Things like "Don't go near her she's dangerous" Or "Freak". They didn't seem bad, but the more she heard them the more it hurt and got to her. 

"Who do we have here?" said a familiar slytherin. Delphini expected to see Draco, but instead she came face to face with Crabbe and Goyle, Draco's 'bodyguards'.  "Crying again are you, you little baby." Goyle shouted pretending to fake cry. Crabbe just laughed. Crabbe was by far the most stupid and annoying.  "Oh come on, is that all you've got. I've heard it all before" Delphini said wiping a tear from under her eye. Trying to act more confident but this time failing miserably. "Anyway I expected you too, to be feasting yourself with everything you can get your piggy hands on!"

"How dare you say that to us, do you know who we are?-" Crabbe butted in. "-Purebloods I get it." she mocked Crabbe's tone. "Wait till Draco comes..." "Yeah let's all wait for Draco, we''ll see if he's any more intimidating than you two, you fcking idiots." Delphini said feeling more confident.  Goyle, out of nowhere, grabbed Delphini by the waist,and put her into the headlock postition with his hands around her neck. She began to choke. "Crabbe, Goyle were are you guys?" 

"I thought I told you to meet me in the Common room." "We were heading there, but we saw this halfblood." He said grinning. "You shouldn't of waisted your time here, now let's go." "And don't touch her like that again." 

Just as they were leaving, Harry arrived at the tower, trying to escape from studying with Hermione, probably. He saw Delphini on the ground with tears in her eyes, coughing up blood. "If my father hears about this..." She heard Draco say before his voice was gone. "Delphini, what happened?" 

"He didn't help me." Was all she could say. She really thought he was different, he probably only hang out with her because he didn't want to be seen alone. "I'm just going to go and eat dinner, I haven't eaten since breakfast."

 "Alright, are you sure you seem a bit pale?" Harry looked over at her clearly concerned. "I'm fine, Harry, don't worry."  But Harry did worry. "I'm going to eat with you, whether you like it or not." Harry demanded, with a serious tone, crossing his arm. "Thank you, I need to be around nice people for a while, so I can recover."  This left Harry stunned and confused. 

SKIP TO BEDTIME:

His eyes kept mesmerising her. His eyes were full of coldness and hatred. But if she looked closer and deeper she saw that it was him trying to cover up his extreme sadness and loneliness. Everyone sees a bully, Delphini saw a traumatised boy, with a dark secret.

Then it hit her, she loves him.