Chapter 74: unexpected visiter

A few days passed and Delphini was just putting Teddy to bed again- as it was 7pm. Whistling to herself whilst walking downstairs, she heard the doorbell ring. Who could it be? she thought to herself. She quickly opened the door to see Draco. He immediately tried to rush towards her, but immediately walked back.  "It's been four years, Draco. I will not make the same mistakes that you did. I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery. I will not break the way you did. You fell so hard."

"Because of you, I find it hard to trust, not only me, but everyone around me." Delphini said pointing at him, with tears in her eyes. 

"And it's not too long before you point it out, I cannot cry because I know that's weakness in your families eyes. I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh, every day of my life. My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with. It never has been.."

"I watched you die. I heard you cry every night in your sleep." Draco shouted. "You never thought of anyone else, you just saw your pain and now I cry, In the middle of the night, for the same damn thing." Delphini shouted whilst she hit his chest, still crying. "Don't say you love me unless you do. Don't say you miss me when you don't call and don't say you're hurting without the scars. I waited four years and I received a few letters and I sent loads.." There was silence. "I've been fighting all my life for you. I never should have said goodbye. But maybe that's what stupid people do."

" I don't think I could forgive myself. I'm so sorry for the ways that I used you" Draco said now crying. "How am I supposed to take it? When years go by and I'm still waiting for a reply?" Delphini cried. "I say I'm okay but I can't fake it." They both just stood there in silence. "I fucked up and now I see it. I get if you don't believe it. I'm sorry, this time I mean it." Draco said looking deep into her eyes. "But I'd rather be hurt by you than loved by somebody else, because even the worst of you is the best that I've ever felt. I'd rather be hurt by you because nothing's perfect... at least we'll have stories to tell." Delphini said sort of smiling. She noticed that the rain had started to pour down more heavily and the both of them were standing outside in the rain. "Well, come in, it's pouring down" she said smiling at Draco. 

"I look at you and I see myself and it always takes me home. I think of us and where we stand and how we've seen each other grow. A thousand miles of empty space, but you still fill the hole. If you wanna talk, I'm better now." Delphini said now looking up at him.  "I'm ready to fall in love again. Did you miss me, like I missed you?"

"I never stopped loving you" Draco said cupping her chin. "I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts, some superhero, some fairy tale bliss. Just something I can turn to, Somebody I can kiss I just want something like this" Delphini said placing a gentle kiss on his lips.  "Tell me what you're crying for, I'll wipe your tears, oh love." Delphini said wiping away his tears. "Take my hand, take my whole life, too. For I can't help falling in love with you" she whispered smiling, holding her hand out for him to hold. This was the future she had always wanted. She and him. This was the start of a new beginning.