Chapter 11: The Yule Ball

DRESS SHOPPING:

Delphini, Hermione, Harry and Ron during lunch break went to Hogsmeade to go dress shopping for the ball that was happening next Saturday.

"Guys check out my dress for le ball, it's rouge et..." Delphini said in a trying to speak in a French accent, whilst pulling a dress from the clothing rack. Everyone laughed. "Why are you speaking in a French accent?" Ron asked, confused yet laughing. "It's none of your Facking business, Ronald!" Delphini responded, still in a French accent. She laughed. "She's trying to be a Beaux baton student, Ron." Harry said backing you up, doing an awful French accent. Hermione just looked at them both and kept laughing. "They get all the attention anyway." Delphini muttered.

 "Hey, do you think I look good in this dress?" Hermione questioned. Delphini turned her attention from Harry and Ron being silly. "OMG Hermione you need to get that dress." "Really? Do you really like it?" Hermione said twirling around in the mirror. "Get it immediately" 

They both then turned their focus to Harry and Ron, who two were trying on dresses in the mirror. They did impressions of girls by pouting in the mirror and then they both broke out in laughter as Ron suddenly grabbed Harry's arm and they started to ballroom dance. Delphini and Hermione just burst into laughter. "Shall we?" Delphini said, with her arm out. "My pleasure." Hermione said holding her hand out. She pretended to kiss it and then Delphini and Hermione started to dance next to Ron and Harry. They were all having the best time of their lives. 

FAST FOWARD TO THE BALL:

The Yule Ball started on Christmas Day at eight p.m. with a feast. Harry waited by the stairs to the girl's dormitory for his date to come down. Other boys came down, grabbed their dates, and left.  Finally, Hermione came down. She was wearing a soft pink dress that gathered at the waist and then floated down to her ankles. Her hair was up in soft ringlets, and in Harry's eyes, she looked like the most beautiful girl who ever lived.

Then Delphini came down, later than everyone else as usual.

You wear this dress: 

(If you don't like this dress, you can imagine a different dress

(If you don't like this dress, you can imagine a different dress. I only put it here because it's, personally, what I see her wearing. It's obviously extra!)

"OMG!!! Delphi, you look stunning." Hermione gushed. "Aww thank you Hermione. I love your dress to." "Sorry to be the kill joy, but remember the plan." Harry said who had just appeared from behind them.  "We will of course, but first I need to enjoy myself." Delphini looked around and see the buzz of the party. The music was a mixture of Ballroom and classical. It was fine. Though she would've preferred it if it was "single ladies' or some Nicki Minaj song, but they obviously wouldn't play those.

The Ball started, with the champions opening the dancing. Delphini cheered for Harry and his date and Hermione who went with Krum, who she hadn't stopped going on about since he arrived. 

...

She looked around and saw Neville sitting by himself, looking down. "Hey Mione is that Neville?" Hermione had just came back from dancing with Ron. Delphini felt a bit jealous as her date had bailed on her the day before the Ball.

"Oh yes." Hermione said frowning. "I'm going to ask him to dance with me." Delphini said getting up abruptly. She suddenly stopped. "Do you think he'll accept? After what my mother did to his parents?" "Don't worry, Delphini. He'd be a fool not to." Her friend let out a small laugh. "Thanks wish me luck." And with that she walk over towards Neville.

"Hey Neville, why are you sitting alone?" Delphini said taking a seat next to him. "I don't have a date" He said and immediately looked down, embarrassed. "Neither do I" He looked at his friend confused. "I thought you were going with your boyfriend?" Delphini looked down and  remembered yesterday.

FLASHBACK TO YESTERDAY:

She remembered running into the Great Hall in tears. "Delphi, what's wrong? Has something happened? You've been crying." Harry spoke suddenly. "Cormac broke up with me. She weeped, "He would never go to the Ball with me. Voldermort's daughter, a freak?" Delphini said between mouth falls of tears. "I'm going to kill him" Ron muttered. "Not now, Ron" Hermione replied. This made you laugh. "It's his loss Delphi, remember that." "Didn't I tell you he was a coward from the beginning?" "Yes, you did." Delphini grumbled. "I'm going to go to the Ball alone."

 "You can always sit with me and Harry, we're not going to dance much." Delphini immediately perked up, "Thanks Ron, I will."

END OF FLASHBACK:

"Cormac broke up with me, yesterday." Delphini put it out bluntly. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know." 

"It's ok Neville.. I actually  came to ask you to dance." Neville looked up at Delphini before looking at hand which she had held out towards him. "You want to dance with me?" Neville questioned looking confused. "Yes, I've seen you practise all alone in the practise in the common room. Let's not waste those hours" Delphini said grabbing Neville's hand. 'Out of my league by Fitz and the Tantrums' started to play. Delphini and Neville start to dance and she noticed Cormac staring at her and Neville with gritted teeth. "His loss" repeated through her head. Hermione always had the wise words.