Chapter 81: Life after marriage

Delphini and Draco spent a month traveling through Europe on their honeymoon. They had never been happier. They made each other laugh constantly, and took hundreds of pictures. They visited Italy, Greece, Spain, Ireland and even Scotland before buying their own house back in London. They were only home for a week before your real lives began. Draco started Auror training with the Ministry of Magic. Delphini already worked at the Ministry but it was nice to see her husband at work. At lunchtimes he would sneak to see her and she loved it.  

She had played around with the idea of trying out for a professional Quidditch team, but in the end had decided that helping people would be a much more fulfilling career for her. Harry and Ginny's wedding, nearly five months after hers and Draco's, was peaceful and beautiful. They got married at Christmas time, with a blanket of fresh snow on the ground. The ceremony was held outside; the surrounding area charmed with a warming spell, so that all of their guests were quite comfortable, but could also enjoy the spectacle of the beautiful landscape. There wasn't a dry eye to be found when Ginny walked down the aisle to Harry. She was beautiful and for once, Harry was speechless. It was a perfect day, and Delphini, Hermione and Ron were the maids of honour and best man.

The next two years were a mixture of happiness and exhaustion for Delphini and Draco. Their days were filled with long hours of pouring over books and studying, field work and internships, and their nights filled with each other. Many weekends were spent with the Weasley family at the Burrow. Both Delphini and Draco loved being there, they had such a good time, especially now with George and Bill all getting married and starting to have families of their own. Their visits were always a mixture of noise and confusion and kids, with the added bonus of Mrs. Weasley's cooking.

Things finally began to settle down for Delphini and Draco. They had both completed their training at the end of May, and were now embarking on the careers full-time. They both settled into a nice routine and were filled love and happiness and they both couldn't believe how lucky they were. There were the occasional arguments, of course, but they both realised how rare what they shared was, and they both never forgot the fact that they were a perfect fit.