Chapter 27: Suspicion

The weekend finally arrived and Delphini, Ron and Hermione go to Hogsmeade to practice Apparition. After they leave, Harry attempts to get into the Room of Requirement to see what Draco is doing. He's still obsessed with proving Delphini wrong and that Draco is bad and working for her father. After thirty minutes of trying, Harry still cannot gain access to the room. Frustrated, he rushes at the wall. His Invisibility Cloak slips off, and Tonks suddenly appears, looking thin and haggard.  "What are you here Tonks?" Harry questions confused. "May I ask you what you are doing? All alone on the seventh floor trying to access the Room Of Requirements." Tonks replied. "I'm certain Draco is up something" Harry started. "So you followed him" Tonks smirked. "Yes" Harry said very quickly, instantly regretting it. "Have you found out anything?" 

"Not yet, I can't seem to get in"

"Do you know what you're looking for?"

"No" Harry replied looking down. "That might help, Harry" Tonks replied smiling. "I need to go, nice talking to you Harry"

Later that day:

"Delphini" Ginny said slowly. "What?" Delphini replied, nervous. 

"Don't look to your right, but..." she didn't let her finish. She turned around and saw Pansy and Draco talking. But every time she said something she would stand closer to him, until she kissed him and he didn't stop her. She felt tears brimming  in her eyes.  Draco turned around and saw Delphini looking.  "I'm sorry it was an accident, she just kissed me." Delphini was silent for what seemed like ages until Draco tried to tell his side of the story again. She screamed.

"God I am done with your victim crap! Yeah I know that people have made mistakes that have hurt you, or scared you or whatever, but then you turn around and you do the same thing to me. To someone that you acted like you cared about. But am I'm not going to make that the focus of my life, no, you know why? Because I choose to forgive and move on. I always knew you had a thing for her." Delphini shouted and those words stung to say. "Delphini, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." He said trying to grab her arm. "It's a bit too late for that, Draco." she added walking away linking arms with Ginny. "Are you okay, Delphi?" Ginny asked calmly. "I'm so sorry about that."

"I'm okay Ginny, I really am, I should've known it was going to end like this." Delphini walked up to the Twins angry. "I'm watching my tone" Fred said. "Dunn Duhh Duhh" George said making it into a song. "I ain't talking back"

"No" Fred replied. "Why?"

"Cause Imma get thrown" "Dun Dun Dun"

Delphini just walked past the twins and just glare.

DINNER TIME IN THE GREAT HALL:

"Now and then I think of when we were together, like when you said you felt so happy you could die. Told myself you were right for me, but felt so empty in your company. But that is love and it's an ache I still remember. So when we found that we could not make sense. Well, you said that we would still be friends. But I'll admit that I was glad it was over" Delphini said angry and crying.  "But you didn't have to cut me off." Draco said back. "You make it out like it never happened and that we were nothing." He spat.

"Now and then I think of when you screwed me over and had me believing it was all my fault." Delphini said pointing at her chest. "All alone I watch you watch her, she's the only thing you ever see. How is it that you've never noticed, that you were slowly killing me... I think it's best if we go our separate ways" she whispered, knocking into Ron, unaware that he was behind her, as she left the hall. Draco just stood there shocked and upset. He had just lost the one person he was scared to loose the most. 

...

Draco then went back to sit down with his friends at the Slytherin table. He just sat there with his head on his shoulders. Delphini ran towards the girls bathroom, running past her fellow Griffindors. She ran straight to the third floor as she knew that no one would go into that bathroom. She stopped when she heard a cry behind her.  "Lumos" Delphini said still crying, pointing her wand towards the sound. "Who are you?" she questioned, still sniffling. A ghost of a girl came round behind her. "Murtle?" Delphini whispered. "Yes, what do you want?" Murtle said sobbing, as usual. 

"I haven't spoken to a girl in here since you and Hermione came in four years ago." Murtle said with a sad tone. "Why are you here, Delphi?" Murtle raised her voice as she swooped closer to the Gryffindor. "It's Delphini." Delphini said back, not used to people calling her by her full name. "That's not what he calls you." Murtle said. "Who?"

"Well Draco of course." Murtle said looking straight at Delphini. "He comes here?" she asked sniffing. "All the time, everyday. He speaks though I mostly just listen." Murtle replied, eyes still glued onto the girl. "What does he speak to you about?" Delphini said wiping her tear stained cheek. "His mission.." Murtle replied.  "That he's a DeathEater?" 

"How did you know, he hasn't told anyone." Murtle said looking like she was going to charge straight through Delphini. "He told me." Delphini said reflecting on that night at the Astronomy Tower. "Anyway he didn't tell me about a Delphi only a Delphini. He said she was different to every other girl he had slept with. She was amazing and kind, always looked out for others before herself." the ghost added. "He finally felt like he had found the one. But he said he felt bad for you." Murtle paused.  "Why Murtle, please tell me." There was more silence and the ghost moved closer. "He felt bad that you had fallen for a 'broken boy' like him."

"Broken?" Delphini said now crying again.