chapter 7: Amortentia lesson

The classroom was a dungeon that was lit eerily green. Delphini entered the class and sat down next to the only spare seat which happened to be next to Draco Malfoy. "Good afternoon class" Professor Snape said starting the lesson. "Can anyone tell tell what that potion is?" Snape questioned. Delphini saw Hermione's hand shoot up almost immediately. "Ahh, Ms Granger" "That potion is Armotentia, the most powerful love potion ever." "Correct" 

"And you, Malfoy, what does it do?" Draco answered almost immediately with a sullen look in his eye, "It smells differently to each person, according to what or who attracts them."  Okay, so it's not that bad Delphini thought to herself. It was a simple potion that they had to brew, just this once and all would be well. The blonde boy was laughing at something his fellow slytherin had said, and was completely unaware of her staring. As it was true, she had started to get feelings towards him and she hoped  no one would find out. 

"I'm glad you could join us, Riddle" Snape drawled once he realised she wasn't going to snap out of your daze anytime soon. The class all turned to face her, then they quickly whispered to each other. She knew this would reach the whole school by lunchtime. Delphini could see he was still annoyed about her commotion in his last lesson. Her eyes snapped towards her professor as he glared at her and continued to shout orders to the rest of the class.  "Make a note, of who you sit next to because these will be your partners for the rest of the year." He sneered, which caused protests in the room among certain students. Blaise was glaring at Neville, who simply looked miserable. Pansy and Hermione were bickering about who would be the one to actually do the work, neither wanting the other to do the work for them and have the risk of sabotage hanging over them.

"Cease you irrational outbursts at once" "I will not change my mind, and you cannot change partners." Snape ordered. "Turn to page 294" Snape demanded, writing the number on the whiteboard. "But isn't Amortentia illegal?" Delphini asked, without flinching from Snape's glare. "Yes, it is Riddle. However a weaker love potion isn't. The Weasley twins sell many of those, if I do so recall." Snape said staring at Ron, with a nasty grin. "No that we have gone through all the unnecessary questions the ingredients and instructions are on the board." "Do it correctly, we don't want any explosions" He said looking directly at Seamus.

"Go!"

AT THE END OF THE LESSON:

"I gave you enough of time." Snape rushed. Delphini had enjoyed her time. Even though she and Draco hadn't said a word. The last time they spoke was during their last Defence Against The Dark Arts class.

"Riddle what do you smell?" This caught Delphini of guard. "Um, green apples, peppermint and um, expensive cologne." It took her a couple of seconds to realise that you smelt Draco. You then looked around embarrassed.  "Is that so?" Draco said with his cocky smile. "Shut up Draco." Delphini said. "Granger what do you smell?" 

"I smell new parchment, freshly mown grass, and spearmint toothpaste." You smiled because Delphini knew she smelt Ron. "So clever but can't make a simple potion and cast simple spells." Draco sneered looking directly at Delphini as she packed up her things to go. It was funny because when their alone he's nice to her, but when their not he's horrid to her. He is a Malfoy after all.  "That's probably because she's a Halfblood" Draco joked and his Slytherin classmates laughed.

"Tell me then Draco, why can't you conjure you're Patronus, when I last checked, everyone could?" Delphini questioned returning his glare. She was  met by loads of OOOs from the crowd that was forming. "Guess I'm not the only one with problems with learning spells." Delphini yelled as she continue to pack away. "Don't worry about him, he's wrong" Ron said appearing behind her shoulder. "Thank you Ron, I know he's a twit" she said glaring back at Draco. "I so can and besides you can't cast one either, so I don't know why you're talking" Draco jabbed. "Actually she can, I saw her." Harry jabbed. "I wasn't talking to you Pottah" Draco yelled.

"Well I was talking to you and you were listening to me as you replied, so.." Harry said sassily.

 "It doesn't matter if I'm a Halblood, your dad works for my dad, anyway we all know your dad's a..." Delphini taunted. Draco just glared at her. Delphini and Harry left the lesson quickly without looking at Draco.