Chapter 48: Love again?

The wedding was a week ago and the four had returned to school again, for a short time. Delphini, Hermione and Ron were sitting alone on the Gryffindor table. "How are you feeling about Draco?" Hermione whispered, "I know it's a touchy subject."

"It's been a year now, I think I've figured out how, how to think about him without ripping my heart out." Delphini whispered back. "Delphini...." Draco said from the Slytherin table next to them. "And I know... You know... We know... You weren't down for forever and that's fine. And I know we weren't perfect, but I've never felt this way, for no one. And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay, now that I'm gone. I know didn't mean what you wrote in those letters about me.. cause you said forever, now I walk alone." There was silence.

"Don't act like I didn't fight for you." Delphini then said coldly, as she was still annoyed at the Astoria subject. "I did... hard." "For a long time. So please forgive me now that we're over, I'm exhausted." Draco glared back like it was his only defence mechanism. "You don't even know how I feel?"

"Oh your so traumatised it makes me want to cry, you're so dumb I loved, I loved you, I loved you it's true. I wanted to be with you and do things with you."

"Trust me?" Draco pleaded. "Trust you? You think I should trust you?" Delphini almost shouted as she out her hands to her head. "YES" Draco sighed loudly. "Where has that ever gotten me?" Delphini shouted. "You're never going to forgive me, are you?" Draco said sadly. "You're just gonna keep bringing it up every time."

"BECAUSE I DON'T TRUST YOU!" Delphini yelled. "And I've tried to some many times." Delphini then got up and left, gathering her books together. "If you excuse me, I've got better things to do. I need to revise"  Delphini was walking through the corridor and then she felt someone grab her book out of her hand whilst walking back to the corridor. "What do you want Cormac?" she shouted trying to grab it back. "Well, Hello gorgeous" He replied back. He wanted to make her threw up as she had hated him since the Yule Ball. "DONT. CALL. ME. THAT!" Delphini snapped. 

"I know your still interested in me" Cormac said smirking at her. "You wish.. anyway I have a boyfriend.. so I you would excuse me, I need to meet up with him." Delphini said grabbing her book back with a strong force. But Cormac stopped her by pulling her waist closer to him.  "Let her go!" Someone yelled from behind Delphini. "Can't you get it through your thick skull that she's not interested." The boy spat. Delphini turned around to see Draco. "She'd never be with you, again. It was a mistake anyway." Cormac growled.  "What? You think she'd go out with you!" Draco snapped. "She deserves someone who will love her for her and not sex." Draco continued to shout. "You'll never love her like she deserves."

Cormac then tried to hit Draco as Draco tried to walk away. Draco clenched his hand and punched Cormac's cheek. It scared Delphini. She had never seen him this angry before. By now, a large crowd of students from different houses was forming. "DRACO STOP!" Delphini yelled. "He isn't worth it." She put her hand on his shoulder, but he just shrugged it off and walk away leaving her speechless glaring at Cormac.  "Delphini! What on earth happened?" Hermione says rushing past the crowd to her. Delphini just walked away in the same direction Draco went. "Delphini! Please wait!" 

Delphini stopped and there was silence. "I- I still love him" she said turning around and immediately crying as she hugged Hermione tight. "Who?" Hermione asked stroking the back of Delphini's head. "Draco" Delphini said looking up.