Chapter 76: A special visit

Delphini woke up, smiling as it was another day of waking up next to her fiancé. However this day was different. Draco wasn't there. She walked downstairs to see him on the phone. She crept up behind him and placed her arms around his waist. He then put the phone down. "My mum's coming over" He said still looking at his phone, which he had just placed on the kitchen table next to the both of them. "That's good, isn't it?" Delphini questioned pulling him closer to her as he turned around to face her. He just smiled. "I like your mum." she said as he kissed her cheek. They then both heard a knock on the door. Draco laughed. "This soon?" she asked, "I haven't even cooked." she said panicking. 

"Don't worry, she wont stay long. I can help you cook in a minute." Draco replied kissing the top of your head before running to the door, where an impatient Narcissa Malfoy was waiting.

...

Delphini went to cook. She then heard a knock at the door. "Come in" she said and Mrs Malfoy walked into the room. "Hi Mrs Malfoy" Delphini replied to her walking in. "Please call me Narcissa, Darling"

 "You don't have house elves?" She questioned. "No I think it's cruel" Delphini said looking into her eyes. "I was good friends with Dobby" she went back to her cooking. "Besides, I know how to cook, my adoptive mother taught me." she said. "She was amazing" she said smiling. "I want you to know that I am truly sorry about what happened to them" Narcissa said softly. "It's ok, I've learnt to forgive and forget". Narcissa was standing in the middle of the kitchen by the oven.

 "Lucius wouldn't agree with you cooking" She spoke abruptly. "I'm sorry Narcissa, with all due respect, but I really don't really care about what Lucius expects me to do and not do." Delphini said raising her tone, instantly regretting it. "I can see why my boy loves you" She said looking up towards Delphini with full eye contact. "I...Wait you're not mad" Delphini replied confused.

 "Sweetie, of course not." "You see, you make Draco really happy, the happiest he's been since his early childhood.... It's the way Lucius looked at me when we were younger." Hearing this made your heart melt. "That's all a mother wants." "Really?" she asked smiling head to toe. "My dear, I can tell you as a mother, he's deeply in love with you."

 "I'm deeply in love with him too." Delphini smiled and she felt something grab her leg. She looked down to see Teddy standing next to her. "I know" Narcissa said smiling whilst walking out of the kitchen. "Can you try and talk to Lucius about coming to our wedding?" Delphini asked hopefully. Lucius hated you for being a half-blood even though you were the Dark Lord's daughter. "I'll try... just give him time" She spoke with a small smile.