Chapter 29: Slughorn's Memory

Short chapter for you

..................................................................................................

Harry bursts through the door.

"Harry?"

"Sir?"

"What are you doing here?" Slughorn questions to confused.

"You need to give me your memory, I need to know the truth, so I can defeat Voldermort." Harry shouted. "I am not proud of what's in this bottle, Harry, you have to forgive me."

"Okay, I forgive you."

Slughorn hands over a vile with his memory in it.

 This time, there is no fog or loud voices. When Voldemort asks about Horcruxes, Slughorn explains that a Horcrux is an object in which a person has concealed part of their soul. Even if the person is attacked or destroyed, a small part of his soul lives on outside of his body—and therefore he can never die. Slughorn goes on to explain that very few would want that kind of existence, and that death is often preferable. Splitting one's soul is an unnatural violation and can only occur when one commits the supreme act of evil, murder.  Slughorn tells Voldemort not to repeat anything he has just heard, and the memory ends. "You helped him, you helped Voldermort become who he is. How could you" Harry shouted before running out of the classroom.