Chapter 94: The Bracelet

Astrid was shortly going to arrive to their house. She was going to be staying with the Malfoys for the weekend, so Delphini get used to magic and so she could buy supplies. She had heard from Dudley that she was very excited and had been going on about it for weeks. 

Scorpius sat by his window peering out, waiting for Astrid to arrive. Delphini thought this was cute, her boy was growing up and Astrid was a sweet girl. Astrid arrived slightly earlier than expected, but that didn't matter. Once they were inside Delphini tapped at a bracelet she was wearing, it was a broad strip of gold that was pressed flat and thin, covering 5 centimetres on your left wrist. Astrid eyed it and then up at Delphini expectantly, causing her to smile.

"It's like texting," she said. "We use it instead of cell phones. Your phone will work here, but it won't work at Hogwarts. My friends and I didn't want our kids going to that school without a way to talk to us. So, we designed these bracelets for the family to be able to communicate."

"Can you show me how it works?" she asked, Delphini found it adorable. "Of course."

She leant down to show her the bracelet. "I think of who I want to send a message to," she said and tapped the gold with her thumb and the word Scorpius appeared, "then I think of what I want it to say," she tapped with her middle finger, the words shifted and said - come downstairs- then disappeared. "The message shows up on the bracelet that Scorpius is wearing."

"What gave you the idea?" She could hear people coming down the stairs to her left. "Hermione, one of my best friends, created the charm when I was in school. We used it on galleons at the time," he pulled a coin from his pocket and passed it to her, "it's Wizard money. But, I lost mine a few times, so I made something that I could strap on."

"Draco wanted it to be fashionable, of course, so he made the final design." Delphini turned her wrist over to show how the gold tapered down until both sides met, hooking into a silver dragon clasp. She watched in fascination as the dragon wings spread lazily and then folded back in on themselves. "Welcome back Astrid," Draco spoke behind her and she turned to find him and Scorpius giving her the same small smile. "Everyone else will be arriving tomorrow, when we go to buy supplies, I want to introduce you to them properly." Scorpius said holding his hand out for Astrid to hold.

"There's a bracelet just like that one waiting in your room," Draco said, "Scorpius can show you there. When you're finished putting your things away, come down and have some chocolate with us."

Delphini felt someone hold her hand and she looked up to see Draco's face smiling at him. "Look at what we made" She said looking up at him. "And Ondine of course"

"Where is she anyway?" She questioned looking around. "Chill, she's with Rose upstairs there looking through magazines and gossiping about boys probably." Draco said placing her head onto his shoulder gently. "Just because their girls doesn't mean their always spending their time obsessing over boys" she said sighing. "I'm joking" Draco said looking up at his wife and thinking about how lucky he was to have her.

                                                                                           .       .       .

On the way up the stairs Astrid let her eyes drift along the banister, which was covered in engraved carvings of lilies. As she moved up the flowers bloomed to match her step. When she reached the last step she looked up to see Scorpius watching her with curious grey eyes. He looked good, even if he was wearing joggers and a t-shirt. She bit her cheek, hoping it would stop her from blushing, then said, "Are all wizard houses this fancy? Or is it just this one?"

Scorpius smiled and Astrid took a firm grip on the banister at the site. "We have some money," he admitted, "but magic can make things easy for anyone. Even poor wizards live fairly well off." He turned and motioned to a door, "That's my room," then pointed to the next door, "here's the loo and shower," and finally, motioned down the hall, "and that's you." Scorpius finished looking at him and Astrid in the mirror. She looked at the room across from Scorpius' where a yellow badger was painted, "What about that one?"

"That's Teddy, he's my cousin, my mum is his mothers cousin, however both his parents died in the Wizarding war which both my parents fought in." he replied. "So he lives with us."

"You'll meet him tomorrow."

The first thing Astrid noticed about her room was the size of it. If this was a guest room she guessed that the house had some sort of magic done on it to look small from the outside. She set down her stuff and opened the wardrobe, then cast a cautious look back at Scorpius before she stepped inside. "What are you doing?" he asked from the door as Astrid pushed gently on the back wall of the wardrobe. "Just checking for something," she said lightly, then stepped back out. Scorpius looked like he was holding back a comment. Astrid smiled, "Can you show me some magic?" Scorpius shut the door quietly and then turned back to face Astrid. "Not today, but one day I will."

He grinned, touched his bracelet a couple times, and said, "Father says he can't come up now but you can see some when we go back down. However, if you dump your clothes into that wardrobe there is a charm that will cause them to hang themselves up for you." Astrid watched delightedly as her clothes floated up and wrapped themselves on the hangers. Afterwards Scorpius caught her wrist and clasped on the bracelet that matched his own. He smiled and touched his with a thumb and then his finger. Her wrist went a little warm and she looked down to see the words, - do you like your room?- on the bracelet. 

She glanced back up with a smile, "So I just touch it with my thumb?" 

"Yes, it's charmed to your magical signature." She touched with her thumb thinking of the boy in front of her and saw his name, then with her finger, - I love it- she wrote. She looked up to see it flash along his bracelet but nothing was there. Her eyebrows drew together, "Why didn't it work?"

"It did," he assured her, "my bracelet is set to private, so only I can see the messages coming in or going out."